Monday, February 1, 2016

Session one and a half

I got a little time to work on my models this weekend just as I hoped. So now I've managed to start on all of them! :)

This is what I managed to do Saturday:

This was the first session for the Morgan and he got his logo, genitalia and ears removed. As well as his mane and tail. I also carved out his raised hooves a tiny bit.

This guy will (hopefully) be a hackney. He will have new, forward ears, braided mane and short or long, thin tail. And I think I'll turn him into a gelding. He will also get a base.

Time spent on the Morgan so far: 36 minutes

The Andalusian had his second session today and it was only a very short one in order to remove his genitalia and carve out his ears, nostrils and hooves a tiny bit more.

Coming along nicely, will get a base so that he'll be able to stand.


Time spent on the Andalusian so far: 46 minutes

The Paso also had her second session today and it was also a short one, I just removed her logo and left eye and carved out the nostrils and raised hooves a little more. I did also sand a bit on her ears to make them look more even and the neck to make it less bulky and I like it better already!

The plan for this girl is still a bit uncertain but she'll get a new eye, mane, tail and genitalia.


Time spent on the Paso so far: 41 minutes

When it comes to the Warmblood I still don't have a clear plan so his session today was short. I removed his mane, genitalia and ears as well as carved out his raised hooves. I kind of like his tail so he might get to keep it.

This guy will probably get a braided mane and new (probably forward) ears. I might turn him into a gelding.


Time spent on the Warmblood so far: 9 minutes

The Para-Dressage mare was made from a completely different plastic then the rest of the models I work on at the moment. It was harder which made the removal of the tail quite easy (it also helped that the tail was quite thin). I also removed the logo, mane, both the ears and her right eye.

This model will be turned into a fjordhorse with some cool cut mane and long tail, new ears and eye. I haven't yet decided what gender it will be but I think I'll save that for last and see what the model looks most like when I'm done with it!


Time spent on the Para-Dressage so far: 13 minutes

This poor little one looks terrible at the moment but hopefully it'll be fixed soon.


Next thing to do is to sand them by hand (I've only used the electrical file up until now) to make them smooth and try to remove any unevenness and rough spots that the electrical file might have made. Then I'll give them a coat of primer so that it'll be easier to see if they need more prepping but also to make it easier for me to see where I need to ad the Apoxie when sculpting.

No comments:

Post a Comment