Saturday, February 13, 2016

Copperfox 10 Day Challenge Day 6: Find a new artist/sculptor/tackmaker that you don't already know about

Challenge Day 6: "Today's challenge is about finding something new. Trot onto the Internet and find the work of a new artist, sculptor, tack maker, hobbyist- anyone within the model horse hobby that you don't know about... yet!"

I really enjoyed this challenge! You can never have enough great artists, tack makers or hobbyists to get inspired by or buy models/tack/props from. And I really enjoy to see the work of others! 

This were the ones I found that I didn't know about before:

Kingyo Stables Custom Micro Minis - This artist was actually found on facebook (which to me is a big deal!). I rarely use facebook and by chance the first thing in my feed was this page (a friend of mine had liked one of their photos). I checked it out and wow, some really nice models!

Champion Racehorse Stables Creations - I found this artist through MHSP. While browsing the ads I stopped to look at an interesting and beautiful Matriarch resin. I liked her colour a lot and decided to try and find the artist.

I also found this blog Mirror Bay Farms who makes beautiful Arabian customs! I found it by chance among comments on a blogpost I read.

I know that there are a whole bunch of great artist/tack makers/hobbyists out there that I don't know about so if you have a favourite (or if you are one yourself) please share a link with me in the comments section :) I'd love to see your (or your favourites) work!

And because I don't like blog posts without pictures here's one from my trip to South Africa last summer:

Young zebra. Photo taken by me in the Kruger National Park, South Africa during my trip in Summer 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment