Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Copperfox 10 Day Challenge Day 9: Plan to go to a live show or enter a photo show

Challenge Day 9: "A bigger challenge for today! Find out what live shows are in your area and plan to attend one. Live Show is one of the best parts of the model horse hobby and the best way to experience them is to have a go. Alternatively, find a photo show online and enter a picture."

This challenge was the one I thought to be the hardest of them all since live shows are a bit more scarce in Sweden than in USA or UK. Also I am not that good at entering photoshows (except for the IMEHA) and I don't know where my latest issue of the Swedish Model horse Society magazine is located so I don't know what photo shows are currently running.

But things worked out any way.


To my knowledge there are 3 live shows advertised in Sweden at the moment. I'd love to go to all of them but the first one is on a weekend I already have other plans for (and it's an all mini one and I don't have a lot of minis in my showstring). The second one is for what we call bendables and breakables which is "bendy" models like Schleich, CollectA, Safari (I think Julip, Equorum and RubberNedz counts as well) and porcelain models ("breakables"). I don't have a lot of these in my showstring either and being my last semester in Uni I have a hard time going.

The third show was just advertised a few days ago. It's the one called Skåneliven and it's the one I've been to the last years so I'll do my best to get to that one. The date and place (closer to home) fits me better too as it's two weeks before graduation and by then my bachelor's thesis will be over and done (unless I fail miserably, which I hope I don't!).


Picture of my table at Skåneliven last year


Picture of my table at Skåneliven last year
 Planning:
  • Book a train ticket home.
    • My models are at my childhood home so I need to go there to pack them the day before the show.
  • Ask my parents if I may borrow the car.
    • I don't have a car of my own as I am studying and I can't go by bus or train to the show.
  • Decide what models to bring
    • I always write a list on what models to bring so that I can keep track on whether I have packed them for the show or not. I also use the list as a checklist on the show to know whether I have packed the models to go home or not. This way I can keep track on my models and this far I have never forgotten a model at home (I have forgotten a box of customs at my boyfriends put that was before I wrote the list) or at a show.
  • Send my entry form to the show holder and pay the entry fee
  • Pack my models
  • Pack my live show essentials
    • More about my live show essentials in a later post
  • Bring a good mood and go have some great fun at the show!
Besides planning to go to the live show I also did enter my latest model in a photoshow with the IMEHA so we'll see how she does :)



No comments:

Post a Comment