Monday, February 8, 2016

Copperfox 10 Day Challenge Day 1: Inspiration Day

I found out about the Copperfox 10 day Challenge a few days ago when they started to pop up in my blog feed and thought that I would like to do that too!

So I'm a little late in joining the party, but better late then never :)

Challenge Day 1: "An easy start to our challenge! Find something that inspires you. It could be a picture of an unusual colour of horse that you would like to turn into a model, a how-to tutorial video or a piece in your favourite magazine about collecting things that you love. Or it could be a song, film, piece of poetry- whatever it is, find something that gets your creativity going!"

My biggest inspirations in the model horse hobby (and life in general) are the animals and nature around me, 


When it comes to models I also have several model horse people and non-model horse related people who inspires me. 

When it comes to remakers/repainters/sculptors some of the ones that inspire me most are (in no particular order):
Brigitte Eberl - I absolutely adore her sculptures, mostly the Warmbloods but also the Spanish, the ponies and the Arabians are among my favourites.
Sarah Rose - Her sculptures are lifelike and beautiful with so much life in them.
Josine Vingerling - I like her sculptures but what inspires me the most with her is her absolutely AMAZING dapple greys and pictures on the beach. I'd love to own one of her dapple greys one day.
Sommer Prosser - I like Sommer's sculptures but her paintjobs are what I find most inspiring! Her chestnut models are some of the best in my opinion. Would love to own a model painted by her one day.
Sue Kern - Makes really cool customs! Always fun to see what she can make out of an "ordinary" model.
Deb Brown - Love her paintwork, especially her chestnuts! I am a huge fan of chestnut horses and Deb does them so well.
Sophie Nordström - A Swedish artist who have done several of my customs and painted some of my artist resins. Love her bays!
Tiffany Purdy - Makes beautiful customs and I love the flaxen chestnut colour she does so well and her Warmblood customs.
Laura Skillern - Does awesome customs and I love to follow how they progress from hacked to pieces into beautiful and lifelike creations!




Model horse related blogs that I find inspiring:
Last Alliance Studios - I love her setting and posts about making miniature things for the yard/people. Inspires me to make my own yard!
Braymere Custom Saddlery - Always post interesting posts, whether it is pictures of horses, nature or model horse related posts it is always a joy to read! 
Don't Eat The Paint - Great customizing tips and tricks!

Shoestring Stable - Great DIY's and tips and tricks!
Desktop Stables - Makes really cool accessories for models and has really cool tutorials!



Non-model horse related inspiration:
Kerri Pajutee - Makes the most adorable and lifelike 1:12 scale animals I have EVER seen!
AkameruKawaii - Makes miniatures from fabric, polymer clay and resin, that can be used in scenes or around the yard.

SugarCharmShop - Makes miniatures and miniature food that looks extremely real. Mostly in polymer clay but sometimes fabric and other materials too.
MyFroggyStuff - Make sets and stuff for dolls out of ordinary stuff you usually have laying around the house. Inspires me to look at regular things just laying around in a different light and see the potential to make something fun out of simple things!


I'm not sure if this was an "easy" start of the challenge ;) Or maybe I just have too many sources of inspiration (is that even a possibility?).
Thank you all for inspiring me to be involved and evolve in this hobby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment