Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Copperfox 10 Day Challenge Day 2: Name your model or barn

Challenge Day 2: "Have a go at naming the most recent addition to your herd by giving them a show name, stable name and pet name. As further ideas, why not do the same for your barn or stable yard and then make a barn tour video?"


I'm quite good at naming my models and stuff surrounding them (like riders, animals etc.) so today's challenge was a bit harder for me. I don't have a barn-setup (yet!) so I can't make a barn tour video but I do have some models in need of names, I'm not much for the stable name/pet name thing for my models (I have so many I don't need more names to keep track of :) ). So my models usually only have show names.


Valegro is my newest addition and he already got a name, his name is Fandango.


Among the models I got before Valegro this little cute foal is the only one without a name. The name Petite just popped up in my head while brushing my teeth and I think it suits her.


This poor guy has been nameless for a long, long time. I called him Impulse because he was an impulse buy but the name just don't suit him. I thought about naming him Maverick which at first didn't seem to fit him at all but the more I thought about it the more I liked it so this is Maverick aka Impulse.

When it comes to my barn it has changed names a few times since I began collecting, The first one I remember (I know I had one before that but it's a long time ago) stuck with me for quite a while, it was Red Flower Stables. I can't for the life of me remember where the name came from but I used it for several years. Then I experimented a bit with Sunhill Stables but later decided to go with TiMe Stables which is also the current name of my barn. I still use Sunhill Stables a bit (for my Warmbloods) since the names is a direct translation from the name of the farm my grandparents owned and it means a lot to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment