Sunday, February 14, 2016

Copperfox 10 Day Challenge Day 7: Share your favourite piece in your model horse collection

Challenge Day 7: "What is that piece in your collection that you would never part with? It is the first model you owned, a customised model or a piece of hand crafted tack?"

This was a hard challenge! I pretty much only collect models that mean something to me in some way but of course some of them mean more to me than others.

These two guys will probably be tied once they are all painted up:



They are to be painted as portraits of Nike, our beloved fjordhorse that has been with us for 18 years this year and Poppes, the Warmblood gelding that I've cared for since 2009 and that I pretty much fell in love with at first sight (in 2002 i think). So when they are done I'm pretty sure I will never sell them.

But for now they are not on top of the favourites list.

When it comes to OF models my absolute favourite has to be this girl:


She is a Breyer Sidesaddle Strapless that I call Imperia and show as a KWPN mare. I fell in love with the Strapless mold in 2004 (I think) after seeing the original Strapless in a Breyer catalog from 2003 (if I remember correctly). Back then I only bought models from a dealer and she could only get models that were available so I didn't get the original Strapless. Years later I found out about the Sidesaddle set and was so excited since I thought that this version was even more beautiful than the original. My parents owed me some money so they told me to order her. She was a bit more expensive than the money I had (and was owed) so my parents payed the rest for me. She is really special to me and one I would have a REALLY hard time parting with.

When it comes to resins, this is probably my absolute favourite:


She is an Animal Artistry Sabiha, painted by Animal Artistry as well. I call her Athame and show her as an Arabian mare. I have already written her a post of her own so I won't repeat it here. Instead I'll leave you a link to the post about her if you'll like to read it :)

When it comes to customized models this model is my favourite:


I call her Since You Don't Love Me and I show her as a an American Saddlebred mare. She is a Breyer Sm. G2 ASB mare painted by Swedish artist A. Gustafsson. She already has her own post so instead of repeating her story, you can read it here.

I couldn't choose only one of these three so they are pretty much tied for first place when it comes to favourite models in my collection :)

No comments:

Post a Comment