Thursday, February 11, 2016

Mara

Second post for today!

Well I couldn't wait until the Copperfox Challenge is done to show you my latest addition!

I know I really should not browse the MHSP. I don't really have funds to spend on model horses but usually I am very good at telling myself this even if I find something tempting.

This time I didn't succeed. 

I made a search for Fjord models on the MHSP. Just for fun as I like to see what there is since I really like fjords. And I stumble across an ad for a painted Mara resin.


I saw this resin some years ago on a fellow collectors blog. I think I remember her saying that it was one of her grails and that it hadn't been all that easy to find. I saw another one years later, this time at a liveshow and it is an adorable model.

She wasn't very expensive and I tried to make my self pass on her as I told myself I don't need more models at the moment. I managed to not email an inquiry for several days but then I caved in and asked the seller if she was still available.

She was, and the rest is history, I picked her up at the post office yesterday. She was VERY well packed and bigger (and heavier!) than I remembered her.

Mara compared to a Breyer G4 Para-Dressage horse


The ad stated that she had some painting flaws and the artist (who was also the seller) gave her permission for the model to be stripped and repainted. It sounded worse than it was, she might not be top LSQ (I would still take her to a liveshow and see how she's doing) but I think she'd do a good effort in photo shows. She will keep her colour for now as I don't have time or tools to strip her at the moment. But somewhere along the way I have vague plans of giving her a new coat of colour. She is absolutely adorable and I am very happy with her!

I'm thinking of naming her Saffran (Swedish for saffron) or Humla (Swedish for bumblebee).





No comments:

Post a Comment