Friday, August 2, 2019

Show Report Halter

I am so behind on blogging! I have show reports to blog, new additions and some models I have finished to share with you so expect quite a few blog post in the near future.

About a month ago I was at a liveshow and I had a great time. I had quite a few models with me to the show and most of them did quite well.

First up were the foal championship, as usual and I had no less than 5 foals to show. Two of my foals showed in the same class and they took third (Black Pepper, Breyer Tr. Zenyatta's Colt OF) and fifth (Victory, Breyer Tr. Heartbreaker OF). My new foal Malachai (Breyer Tr. Premier Club Cadell OF) did really well and got second in his class. My dear R. Peppermint (PS Weanling rr S. Nordström) took third in her class and my lovely Helios (RC Oliver rep. S. Kern) got first in his class.

The championship voting was tough and it was great to see the new Breyer foal do well. I really need to get my hands on the beautiful pair.

Champion Foal: Twilight Fling, Breyer Tr. Hackney Foal OF
Champion Foal Reserve: Simoni, Breyer Tr. Gilen rr J. Taudien
The Arabian championship was divided into plastic and resin and I only had one horse in the Plastic Arabian championship. Ahvaz Aliyah (Cl. Swaps rrh S. Nordström) did well, taking third in her class. The champion and reserve went to a pair of beautiful grey mares.

Champion Plastic Arabian: Sameerah, Cl. Arabian Mare cm Q. van der Weijde
Champion Plastic Arabian Reserve: GGK Tiqatu, Tr. Proud Arabian Mare cm M. Landshoof/N. Wagner/S. Nordström
In the resin Arabian championship I had two models to show, Arwen (RC Gizelle rep. S. Nordström) took second in her class and Sayad (RC Mini Khemo rep. S. Nordström) took third in his class. The championship title went to a really nice Mini Khemo with a very noble-looking Status Symbol as reserve.

Champion Resin/Other Arabian: Azriel, RC Mini Khemo rep. P. Lawson
Champion Resin/Other Arabian Reserve: Raaqis, Tr. Status Symbol rh P. Lawson
In the plastic Drafter championship I had no models to show but it proved that the Irish Cobs were favoured by the judges on this day and both the small one and the big one did very well. I took quite a liking to the beautiful model who claimed the champion title.

Champion Plastic Drafter: Amulett, Sm. Gypsy Vanner cm S. Nordström
Champion Plastic Drafter Reserve: Montgomery, Tr. Gypsy Vanner rep. D. Brown

In the Drafter Resin championship I had two models to show and they both did okay. AR Brigadör (MM Brigadier rep. A. Gustafsson) took third in his class and Brego (Mini Haggis rep. by me) took second in his class. In the end the champion title went to a beautiful little Clydesdale with a gorgeous (I really, really like this model!) North Swedish Draft as reserve.

Champion Resin/Other Drafter: Duffy Duck, RC WBP O'Doulle rep. S. Shaver
Champion Resin/Other Drafter Reserve: Norrsken, RC Wooly Willem rep. P. Lawson
There were not enough ponies to separate into resin and plastic championships so they showed in the same championship. I showed 5 models and they all did quite well. Gold Rush (Copperfox Sovereign OF) and Luthíen (Breyer Tr. Premier Club Rhian) showed in the same class and got second and third.

My riding pony Remembrance (PS Pony Shoal OF) did great, winning his class. My other two ponies Jax (AA Welsh Sec C rep. by me) and Maverick (RC Tivoli rep. A. Dionne) both got 4th in their respective classes.

When it came down to the championship voting I was quite surprised (and happy) to see that Remembrance was voted champion with an adorable welsh pony as reserve.

Champion Pony: Remembrance, PS Pony Shoal OF
Champion Pony Reserve: Steerpike, Auron rep. Z. Lahdenranta
Sporthorses were enough in both resin and plastic to be divided into two championships. Plastic was up first. As usual, I had quite a few sporthorses to show. Lancelot (Breyer Tr. Verdades OF) and Fandango (Breyer Tr. Valegro OF) showed in the same class and got first and fourth. Charisma (Breyer Tr. GG Valentine OF) got first in her class as did Trickster (Breyer Man O'War 100 year anniversary OF). In one of the classes, I had four horses to show and they did quite okay. Firenze (Breyer Tr. Totilas rep. D. Brown) got first, Lexus (Breyer Tr. Totilas rep. J. Ward) got third, Vivaldi (Breyer Tr. Web SR Acadia OF) took fourth and Elessar (Copperfox Finnegan OF) got 8th place. In his class, Sunny Side N (Breyer Tr. Seattle Slew OF) got fourth and Ice Baby, Ice (Breyer Sm. G2 TB rr C. Johansson) got first in her class.

It was quite a tough championship but in the end a really beautiful thoroughbred was crowned champion, with my own Firenze as reserve.

Champion Plastic Sporthorse: Qul's My Number One, Cl. Man O'War cm S. Nordström
Champion Plastic Sporthorse Reserve: Firenze, Tr. Totilas rep. D. Brown
I had quite a few models to show in the resin sporthorse championship as well and they all did quite well! Chester VS (Eberl Caitano rep. S. Nordström), Nimbus (Eberl Oscar cm E. Zarzecka), Belize (Eberl Genoveva rep. S. Nordström) and Diadora (Eberl Akelei rep. ?/ret. by me) all showed in the same class and managed to get first, third, fourth and fifth.

I then had Empire (AAE Vattenshowen SR Davy Jones OF) and Caliber (Mini Caprice rep. S. Prosser) in the same class and they managed to take second and fourth place.

My resin thoroughbreds also did very well. Lost All Hope (Kitty Didit rep. L. Lawrynovicz) got first in the class and Fallen Hero (Valor rep. N. Söhn) got second place in the same class.

It was another tough championship and I was very happy to see Chester VS being voted champion with another beautiful Eberl as reserve.

Champion Resin/Other Sporthorse: Chester VS, RC Caitano rep. S. Nordström
Champion Resin/Other Sporthorse Reserve: All In Too VS, RC Tamerlano rep. S. Nordström
There were enough riding- and carriagebreeds to divided the championship into plastic and resin/other and first up was plastic. I had 4 horses to show and they all did okay. Bocelli (Breyer Tr. Tregoyd Journeyman OF) got third in his class and Ancient Gold (Breyer Tr. Akhal-Teke OF) got fourth in his class. My two American Saddlebred mares Madonna (Breyer Sm. G2 ASB rep. C. Johansson) and Since You Don't Love Me (Breyer Sm. G2 ASB rep. A. Gustafsson) did well and got first and second in their class.

In the end a fairly well known little guy went on to be voted champion with a new face as reserve.

Champion Plastic Riding- and Carriagebreeds: Merrilinn J, Sm. G2 WB cm A. Zaharenkova
Champion Plastic Riding- and Carriagebreeds Reserve: Celino, Tr. Duende rep. D. Brown
I had a couple of models to show in the Resin Riding- and Carriagebreeds championship and I am very happy with how well they did. El Salvaje (Eberl Verrochio rep. L. Lawrynovicz) and Raphael (RC Gabriel rep. by me) both got second in their respective classes. My newly finished Chablis (RC Mini Hazel rep. by me) got third in her class. Nazar (HA Akhal-Teke Stallion rr by me) did best of my horses by winning his class. The champion titles was awarded a really nice curly with a beautiful Indepedence as reserve.

Champion Resin/Other Riding- and Carriagebreeds: TO Eureka, RC Let's Fiesta rep. S. NordströmChampion Resin/Other Riding- and Carriagebreeds Reserve: Independence Day, RC Independence rep. G. Schmidt
Thereweren't to many stockhorses at this show so there were only one championship for them. I had 2 models to show, Whiskey Lullaby (Breyer Tr. JCP SR Smart Chic Olena OF), who got fourth in his class and Don't Call Me Nymphadora (RC Moxie rep. Amanda Brock) who got first in her class. In the end the champion title was awarded to a really beautiful Peter Stone ISH. The reserve title went to my own Don't Call Me Nymphadora.

Champion Stockhorse: R. Frosted Robin, PS ISH rh F. Cohen
Champion Stockhorse Reserve: Don't Call Me Nymphadora rep. A. Brock
The Wild- and Crossbreds championship was the last championship I had horses to show in. My beautiful Sahale J (El Embosco rep. E. Gonzales) and Nahele (El Embosco rep. J. Hall) showed in the same class and they got first and third in the class. My NaMoPaiMo2019 model, Make Me Justice (RC Santa Maria rep. by me) got second in her class.

I was glad to see my Sahale J getting the champion reserve title. The champion title went to a really cute donkey.



Champion Wild- and Crossbreds: Bo, Tr Brighty OF
Champion Wild- and Crossbreds Reserve: Sahale J, RC El Embosco rep. E. Gonzales

The last championship of the day was fantasy, in which I had no models to show. And for not being a Fantasy person I fell in love with quite a few of the models shown in the fantasy championship. The model I liked best of the bunch managed to snag the champion title with another of my favourites as reserve.

Champion Fantasy: Dracona, Sm. G3 Belgian cm A-K Uhlén
Champion Fantasy Reserve: Burn The Evidence, Tr. Dark Horse Surprise OF


It came down to the Best in Show voting and even though the stockhorse championship was one of the smaller ones of the day, the stockhorses proved to be the big winners of the day when the Champion and Reserve from the stockhorse championship got voted Best in Show and Best in Show Reserve.

Best in Show: R. Frosted Robin
Best in Show Reserve: Don't Call Me Nymphadora

No comments:

Post a Comment