Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Wee Jay

I really, really shouldn't be browsing model horse sales groups or pages as it seems like interesting models have a tendency to pop up for sale at the moment.

I first spotted this guy on Jamie's website, probably not too long after he was finished and I fell in love with him. I think he was a commission or already sold by the time I found him (anyhow I wouldn't have been able to afford him back then anyway). So I saved a picture of him onto my computer as a reminder.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago I was joining a model horse auction group on facebook and scrolled through my feed. And out of nowhere I saw a photo of a Wee Jay up for auction, the picture was from a live show so it wasn't really clear but since it's a Warmblood model and I like warmbloods, I took a closer look. I had to do a double-take as I thought I recognized the model and I did, for sure.

I didn't want to let him slip through my fingers and put in a bid for him.


As you can see, I managed to win the auction and he started his journey to me.


The journey was a bit eventful as it took him quite a while to get here and at one point I was scared he was lost as the tracking number just stated "In transit to destination" for well over three weeks. I contacted the Swedish post on a Thursday (Friday was a public holiday) and got to talk to a quite rude person who said that my package was not in their system and when I asked her to check again as I have gotten that answer before when the package was in fact in their toll system. Then she got super rude and pretty much insinuated that I would be considering her to be a liar and started stating unnecessary information about packages I had gotten months ago. I was quite pissed by then and ended the call.

I then contacted the seller who tried to contact the USPS and was met by another rude postal worker. I wonder if that is one of the requirements to get a job with the post...

I tried contacting the Swedish Post again on the following Monday and was met by a super nice and helpful woman, who took her time to find my package (which was in their Toll system and had probably been since the week before when I talked to the rude postal worker) and even gave me the new tracking number that gets put on packages when they've gone through the toll.


So a week or so later, he arrived home, and I was over the moon! He was just as beautiful as I had imagined and I am so glad he found his way into my collection at last!


As I am into pedigree assignment (and have been for years) I created a pedigree with this horse in mind several years ago (around the time when I first saw him) and now that he came to live with me it was only natural that he got that pedigree and name. So he is Accent, a Swedish Warmblood.

1 comment:

  1. It's too bad you had to struggle so hard for him, but he looks like he's found a wonderful home at last!

    ReplyDelete