Friday, August 23, 2019

Liveshow report Part 1: Halter

About a month ago, I went to another liveshow. As usual I had a great time. Got to see some *amazing* models and meet some new (and some, by now, well-known) people. The divisions were tough and the winners very deserving.

Foals were the first division in the open show and there were some gorgeous models! I only showed one foal, Helios (RC Oliver rep. S. Kern) and he got third in his class. I can't be disappointed with that placing as the winner and second place in his class were the ones that were voted Champion and champion reserve! The novice champion was a repaint of the newer Breyer Lippizaner/Hackney foal that was really lovely aswell! The foal who got reserve was probably my favourite of the bunch, such a beautiful and detailed model!

Champion Foal: Dolce Khabana, RC HA Biendecado rep. A. Freda
Champion Foal Reserve: Conversano Ukrina 1, RC Dobrowolska-Oczko Fazan rep L Magga
Champion Foal Novice: Gidran-19 Róka, Breyer Lipizzaner foal rr A Freda

Arabians were up after the foals. There were several beautiful Arabians in this division! I had 2 Arabians to show. Sayad (RC mini Khemo rep. S. Nordström) who got 4th in his class and Arwen (RC Gizelle rep. S. Nordström) who got 6th in her class. It proved to be the day of the Arabian mares as all of the champions were mares. I am especially fond of the soft colouring on the champion reserve but also the interesting colouring of the champion.

Champion Arabian: Raisha, RC Iaret rep. E. Rossiter
Champion Arabian Reserve: Shahnaz, RC Delilah rep. J. Vingerling
Champion Arabian Novice (not pictured): Lady Midnight, Breyer PAM rep. S. Turesson

As usual, I didn't have a lot of models to show in the next championship, which was the draft championship. My only draft er was AR Brigadör (PC MM Brigadier rep. A. Gustafsson) and I am okay with his placing, which was third in his class. I'm not that much of a draft person but there were so many lovely drafters in this championship! Especially the beautiful bay champion caught my eye! Such a lovely model and beautiful paintjob. I am also a fan of the reserve which I think is a really great model, especially for being a bendable! And the colouring of the Novice champion was really nice as well.



Champion Drafter: Pan Twardowski, RC Dobrowolska-Oczko Cumulus rr A. Freda
Champion Drafter Reserve: Merlin, Safari Tinker rr. T. Wolmer
Champion Drafter Novice: Rodny, CollectA Ardenner rep. J. Taudien
Ponies were up after the drafters. I had 2 models to show and they both did rather well. Epsilon (NL New Forest OF) managed to grab third in the Connemara class and Maverick (RC Tivoli rep. A. Dionne) got second place in the Riding Pony class. In The end an adorable Welsh Pony was voted champion with an equally adorable Exmoor as reserve. Both of these Ponies are so cute and would easily be welcome to come live with me. The Novice champion is a model that I, personally, am not the biggest fan of but this one was painted in a colour that really made this model a favour. 

Champion Pony: Steerpike, RC Auron rep. Z. Lahdenranta
Champion Pony Reserve: Wilbur, RC Mini Fabrizio rep. P. Lawson
Champion Pony Novice: Gemini, Breyer Connemara mare rep. S. Turesson
Riding and carriage breeds were next and it was a rather diverse championship, with breeds from several continents. I had two models in this championship and I am very happy with their placings. El Salvaje (RC Verrocio rep. L. Lawrynovicz) took second in his class. But I was even more proud to see Raphael (RC Gabriel rep. by me) win his class. The champion of the day was a beautiful Morgan stallion. Morgan is a breed I don't know that much about and a breed I don't have a whole lot of models in. I have seen a few of the Covenant versions before but this is probably the one I like best as I really like the life it has. The reserve is another really nice model who's owner was very surprised to see winning the reserve title. The novice champion was a really nicely painted Django. I need to get my hands on a Django body at some point!

Champion Riding- and Carriagebreeds: Flanagan's Folly, RC WBP Coventant's Legacy rep. Chris Jolly
Champion Riding- and Carriagebreeds Reserve: FDL Poetica, RC Fiesta rep. A. Kessler
Champion Riding- and Carriagebreeds Novice: Ooievaar, Breyer Django rep. A. Freda
The next championship was a bit different than usual. This show has a breed special for the second year in a row, which means that the special breed gets its own championship. This year it was Warmbloods so the Sporthorse championship was put together with the stockhorse championship. The sporthorse championship is usually the one were I show the most models but since the Warmbloods had their own championship it wasn't the championship I showed most horses in. I still had 5 horses to show and they did very well! Lost All Hope (RC Kitty Didit rep. L. Lawrynovicz) and Fallen Hero (RC Valor rep. N. Söhn) showed in the same class and got first and third. My only quarter horse, Don't Call Me Nymphadora got first in her class. As did Nahele (RC El Embosco rep. J. Hall) in the mustang class, with Sahale J (RC El Embosco rep. E. Gonzalez) as third in the same class. I was really, really proud when Don't Call Me Nymphadora was voted champion with Lost All Hope as reserve. The novice championship went to a really nicely painted quarterhorse. 

Champion Sporthorse/Stockhorse: Don't Call Me Nymphadora, RC Moxie rep. A. Brock
Champion Sporthorse/Stockhorse Reserve: Lost All Hope, RC Kitty Didit rep. L. Lawrynovicz
Champion Sporthorse/Stockhorse Novice: Mowgli, CollectA Apploosa rep. J. Taudien
The next championship was other Equus and as usual, I had no models to show. I hope to change that in a not too distant future. Anyway, the champion title went to one of my absolute favourite mules in a really, really cool (and well painted) colour. The reserve was a really cute little tiny thing in another really cool colour. The novice champion went to a very breed appropriate Poutein Donkey.

Champion Other Equus: Izadora D, RC Mulinette rep. C. Johansson
Champion Other Equus Reserve: Leo, RC MB MM Pontus rep. T. Wolmer
Champion Other Equus Novice: Eir, Schleich Poitou Åsna rep. S. Sveningsson
And at läst, time for my favourite championship. I am a fan of sporthorses in general but Warmbloods are still closest to my heart among the sporthorses. I showed 6 models in the Warmblood championship with various results. In the Swedish Warmblood stallions and geldings, I showed 2 models, my newly acquired Accent (RC Wee Jay rep. J. Castleman) and my beloved oldie, Chester VS (RC Caitano rep. S. Nordström). They got first and fifth in the class. My only Swedish Warmblood mare, Belize (RC Genoveva rep. S. Nordström) got 4th in her class.
In the class for German Warmblood breeds I showed two models, Empire (AAE Waterfestival SR Davy Jones OF) and Caliber (RC Mini Caprice rep. S. Prosser) and They got first and fifth in the class.
Dutch Warmblood breeds were up next and my last Warmblood to show was Nimbus (RC Oscar rr. E. Zarzecka) and he got fourth in his class. I was really proud when Accent was voted champion with a really, really beautiful mini Tornado. I really want to add a mini Tornado to my collection in the future. The novice champion was a really nicely painted Totilas.

Champion Warmblood: Accent, RC Wee Jay rep. J. Castleman
Champion Warmblood Reserve: Tactic, RC Tornado rep. J. DeCurir
Champion Warmblood Novice: Haddock, Breyer Totilas rep. S. Turesson



It was no easy task voting for Best in Show with all the gorgeous models on the callback table but in the end, the Best in Show title went to the adorable little Welsh Pony.

Best in Show: Steerpike
Best in show reserve went to the beautiful Ardennais from the drafter championship.

Best in Show Reserve: Pan Twardowski
And best in show novice went to the really cute foal who won the novice champion title.

Best in Show Novice: Gidran-19 Róka
Next up is workmanship! 

No comments:

Post a Comment