Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Original Sculpt - Aslan project

My first original sculpt, did not go as planned. I had every intention on taking my time, making the best I could out of him, but I didn't.

He managed to get pushed down to the floor during his sculpting process so I put him on hold for awhile and I worked more hours at my job than I thought I would so I had to rush him a lot to get him finished in time for the show, I even had to finish his paintjob the day before the show.

I am not extremely happy with the sculpt but I am a bit more happy with the paint work as I think I managed to get a decent fjord dun on him (the picture doesn't do the colour justice, he looks a bit better IRL).

The Original Aslan
So because of all this I have now started what I call the Aslan project and look at this sculpture as a practice in working with the materials and tools I used. 

The Aslan project will be a series of similar fjord sculpts that I will make to see my sculpting improve and it will continue until I have a fjord sculpture I am happy with. So in the next couple of weeks I plan on making the armature for Aslan 2.0.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment