Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Review 2019

Here we are, another year has passed. 2019 is now behind us and it has been a, mostly, good year for me. Most of the year has gone by without any major snags. Work has been okay, family, friends and animals have been very good. One of my closest friends got married, another one met a really nice guy who makes her very happy. Yet another one got accepted to her dream education, my brother and his fiancee bought an apartment in a new building and will be moving in at the end of 2020. My parents and animals are all alive and well so this year has been very kind to me outside of the hobby. But the biggest thing happening is that me and my boyfriend bought a house. After two and a half years of searching we have now moved in and started to get are things a bit in order. It is a wonderful feeling to finally leave our tiny rental apartment behind and with the house one of my childhood dreams will come true: I will finally have a dedicated hobby room! I can't wait. I am very, very thankful for the year that has gone by and that have treated me and my loved ones well.

Hobby wise things have been good, but not great. I managed to finish my NaMoPaiMo horse and painted a couple of more models during the year. I went to three live shows, after a couple of years of going to pretty much every live show I decided to step back a little even though I would've been able to make it to a couple of more shows if I would've wanted to.

However let's summarize my goals for 2019:  


- Paint at least 10 of my bodybox models.
I only managed to finish 5 models (my NaMoPaiMo horse included) this year. But even though I didn't manage to finish as many as I had hoped I am very happy with the ones I managed to finish. One of them was the very first micro resin I painted,  my first original sculpture, and my first winged custom. The other one I finished will be covered under another goal.

- Send at least 1 of my unpainted resins to be painted.
Unfortunately I didn't manage to send any of my unpainted resins to be painted.

- Paint at least 1 of my unpainted resins.
I did get a couple of resins painted this year, my NaMoPaiMo model (mentioned above), my Micro Mini Maxi Cob (also mentioned above) and the model I managed to finally finish, and will be mentioned below.

- Finish my mini Hazel resin.
Finally, this was the year when my mini Hazel was finished! After a few setbacks during the in progress years (she was started in June/July 2017) she is finally finished, and I am very happy with how she turned out as she is quite close to my original vision for her. Her base might get a little bit of attention at a later date but at the moment it will stay the sandy colour.


- Keep blogging.
I had hoped to blog more than what I managed to do during 2019. But I haven't felt that I have that much to blog about as I haven't worked that much with the models. And at the end of the year when we bought the house, there were just no time. I have, however, discovered Instagram and been quite good at updating there as it is much simpler to post a single picture and a small update than to post an entire blog post. If you would like to follow me on Instagram you can find me at @Timestablesandstudio. I will try to be better at blogging but I will post small updates more often on IG.


At last I would like to wish you all, a belated, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment