Sunday, August 18, 2019

First painted mini resin

I recently finished painting my first mini resin. I won this guy at a show not long ago and decided I wanted to finish him in time for the show I was attending in July, as there was a special Mini Division.

This is the Kelly Sealey Maxi Cob mini resin and he is absolutely adorable. I am not particularly familiar with Cobs and cob showing/breeding so I did some research to decide on a colour and breed for shows. 

I decided on a nice, classic bay with some chrome as I thought that would be a simple, yet striking combination for a show ring. 


I am very happy with how he turned out and I really like his colour. I am also really glad that his markings turned out as good as they did. 


This little boy was a joy to paint and thanks to his small size, I managed to paint him quite fast. I really liked painting this tiny guy and might need to get my hands on some more mini resins to paint. Maggie Bennet's Monthly Micros are REALLY tempting! 


He has such a nice, gentle look to him that I just adore!


I decided to name him Abercrombie and I show him as a Maxi Cob (Ardennes x Irish draft) as I found a horse similar in body type with that breeding.




1 comment: