Sunday, August 25, 2019

Liveshow Report Part 3: Other shows

This show offers a bunch of other shows aside from the open and workmanship shows and I entered most of them.

Fantasy is one of the divisions that I have rarely entered but my Fantasy collection is growing so I think I might have to realize that that battle is lost. The Fantasy show was divided into two championships, decorator and fantasy. I showed 3 models in the Fantasy championship and I am very happy with how well they did. Faust (Breyer Sm. Reiner rr T. Melin), my newly finished hellhorse got second in his class. My two unicorns, Lapis Lazuli (Breyer Sm. Unicorn Blindbag Chase Alborozo OF) and Kanyou (CollectA Friesian cm A-K Uhlén) got first and sixth in their class.

My models didn't manage to make it to any of the big titles, which is absolutely fine by me, but I was happy to see my boyfriends models do good, taking both champion and champion reserve in the fantasy division.

Champion Fantasy: Thor, RC Mini Seunta rep. C. Bäckfalk
Champion Fantasy Reserve: Surtur, Original Sculpture C. Bäckfalk
The Decorators were a really cool and diverse bunch but in the end a really awesome glittery guy went on to be champion decorator with a really cool sugar skull horse as reserve.

Champion Decorator: Glitterati, Breyer SMG2 Arabian rr. T. Wolmer
Champion Decorator Reserve: Dia De Muertos, PS chips Friesian rep. K. Persson
When it came down to the Best in Show voting my boyfriends Pegasus had made it ti the Best in Show title with the glittery horse as reserve.

Best in Show Fantasy: Thor, RC Mini Seunta rep. C. Bäckfalk/
Best in Show Fantasy Reserve: Glitterati, Breyer SMG2 Arabian rr. T. Wolmer

One of the special shows is the Animal Artistry show. I only have 3 Animal Artistry models at the moment, but I hope to add more in the future. My Welsh, Jax (AA Welsh Sec C rep. T. Melin) did okay taking third in his class, as did Athame (AA Sabiha ret. SN) in her class. Empire (AA Waterfestival SR Davy Jones OF) got 4th in his class but the adorable kitty who accompanies him (and who I have named Tia) got first in the class for cats.

In the end a beautiful rearing drafter was crowned Best in Show with a beautiful draft mare as reserve.

Best in Show Animal Artistry: Toro, AA Rearing Drafter rep. V Crawley
Best in Show Animal Artistry Reserve: Saphire, AAE SR Rana OF
Another of the special shows is Bantam/Micro Minis. I am always amazed at how much detail the artist manage to get on these tiny, tiny models. I showed 4 models in this show. Cheyenne (RC MM Sierra rep. L. Morris), Cochise (RC MM Flicker rep. L. Morris) and Abercrombie (RC MM Maxi Cob rep. T. Melin) showed in the same class and got first, third and fifth place. AR Brigadör (PC MM Brigadier rep. A. Gustafsson) got sixth place in the pewter class. The Best in Show title went to one of my favourite minis, a beautifully detailed appaloosa and with my own Cheyenne as Best in Show Reserve.

Best in Show Bantam/Micro Mini: Rokus,PC J. Vingerling version 1 Friesian rep. C Riley
Best in Show Bantam/Micro Mini Reserve: Cheyenne, RC Sierra rep. L. Morris



As I am a big fan of the models sculpted by Brigitte Eberl, I am also a fan of the next show, which is a special show for Eberl models. I have gathered a few of her models (both resin and plastic) and I showed Chester VS (RC Caitano rep. S. Nordström), Charisma (Breyer Tr. GG Valentine OF), Belize (RC Genoveva rep. S. Nordström) and Lancelot (Breyer Tr. Verdades OF) in the same class and they got 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the class.

My other two entries in this show, El Salvaje (RC Verroccio rep. L. Lawrynovicz) and Nimbus (RC Oscar rr. E. Zarzecka) showed in the same class and got first and second.
The callback table was droolworthy (especially if you like Eberls) but in the end the Best in Show title went to my own El Salvaje with a beautiful, fleabitten grey Arabian as Reserve.

Best in Show Eberl: El Salvaje, RC Verrochio rep. L. Lawrynovicz
Best in Show Eberl Reserve: Andalib, Breyer Weather Girl rep. P. Lawson
Next up was the Original Finish show, which was divided into Plastic and Bendable. I focused on the Plastic division and showed 6 models in it. Malachai (Breyer PC Cadell OF) and Vivaldi (Breyer Tr. Web SR Acadia OF) showed in the same class and got first and third. Lancelot (Breyer Tr. Verdades OF), Bocelli (Breyer Tr. Tregoyd Journeyman OF) and Casanova (Breyer Tr. Catch Me OF) all showed in the same class and they got second, fourth and seventh. My only mare, Lúthien (Breyer Tr. PC Rhian OF) got first in her class.

A beautiful P.R.E. got Best in Show OF Plastic with my own little Malachai as reserve.

Best in Show OF Plastic: Inigo Montoya, Breyer Dominante XXIX OF
Best in Show OF Plastic Reserve: Malachai, Breyer Premier Club Cadell OF
As I wrote above, I focused my entries in the Plastic OF show so I had no models to show in the OF Bendable show. The Best in Show in this division went to an Irish Cob with an Arabian as reserve.

Best in Show OF Bendable: Tripoli, CollectA Tinker OF
Best in Show OF Bendable Reserve: Kamala Khan, CollectA Arabian Mare OF
A show that was new for this year was the Original Sculpt show. I entered Aslan (who I finished painting the night before the show) but didn't think he'll do any good as he was so rushed. And as I expected, Aslan did not place. The Best in Show title went to an incredible Icelandic horse sculpt with a cute pony cross mare as reserve. My boyfriend's Pegasus sculpture went on to be Best in Show Novice.
Best in Show OSC: Bleikur, Original Sculpt by L. Magga
Best in Show OSC Reserve: Tilly, Original Sculpt by K. Persson
Best in Show OSC Novice: Surtur, Original Sculpt by C. Bäckfalk
Ready-Set-Paint was a really fun addition and was really a show for models we painted during the evening. I had plans to enter but my models were not cooperating that evening so I scratched that idea and did not enter. However I admire all who managed to paint the models as well as they did during an evening (and a bit into the night for some entries). The Best in Show was a really daring appy. The reserve was a really nice bay and the Best in Show Novice, a detailed dapple black.

Best in Show Ready-Set-Paint: Conall, Sm. G2 WB rep. T. Wolmer
Best in Show Ready-Set-Paint Reserve: Destiny, Sm. Breyer Unicorn rep. K. Persson
Best in Show Ready-Set-Paint Novice: Trubochist, Cl. Terrang rep. A. Freda

Waterpass is a special show for former champions and winners and even though I did have a few that would be eligible to enter, I didn't enter. The Best in Show went to and old favourite, the little silver bay Tornado, with a bigger Ardennais foal as reserve.

Best in Show Vattenpasset: Tactic, RC Tornado rep. J. DeCurir
Best in Show Vattenpasset Reserve: Rekryt, RC Basilikum rep. A. Gustafsson

Breakables was also a special show, open for all porcelain models. I only had two to show and entered both, Empire (AAE Waterfestival SR Davy Jones OF) got fourth in his class and Bellini of Decorima (Lakeshore Houdini OF) got second in his class. The little drafter mare from the Animal Artistry show struck again and claimed the Best in Show title, with a really nice Thoroughbred as reserve.

Best in Show Breakables: Saphire, AAE SR Rana OF
Best in Show Breakables Reserve: Mad Day, AAE SR Davy Jones OF
That was all for the show reports, but next post will show some of my favourites of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment