Friday, August 16, 2019

Hellhorse

Shortly after the last liveshow was over, I started preparing for the next and I had promised myself to finish a few new horses to bring. One of them was of a kind of Hell horse I have had in mind for several years.

He started his life as a Breyer G4 Reiner. I removed his mane and tail and sculpted a new more Devil-like tail. I also drilled holes in him and attached a pair of AbbeyInc bat wings to him. I then started to paint him.


He started out in a very shimmery, light purple colour before I darkened him to almost black. The purple still shines through a little bit in places, just as I had intended.

I also used PearlEx powders for the first time, using Interference Purple on the underside of the wings... 

It is a bit hard to see the interference purple on the underside of the wings but it is there.

And interference gold on the top of his wings to give him some colour shifts. 


I am quite happy with how he turned out and with time I have plans to make him a bit of a scene where he is just landing in an old graveyard. I also named him Faust as I thought it was fitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment