Thursday, February 28, 2019

I DID IT!

I am so, so happy! I didn't think that I would actually manage to finish in time with the struggles that turned up late in the game, but I did!


I am quite happy with how she turned out. Especially her eyes and mottling.


Her whites could've been smoother but I think it's at least a bit of an improvement to my former horses so I will keep working on my technique on future horses.


She also got the characteristic striped hooves.


And white sclera on the eyes.


Her blanket pattern turned out okay.


Especially for being my first appaloosa, I would say.


She has a very sweet face.


I really, really like the colour of her eyes! 


And also the shape of her stripe.


All in all, I am quite happy with what I manged to do, even though I definitely did not expect to be on #TeamLastMinute as I painted on her every day but one this month! 


When I was taking her pictures I just had to bring out my other NaMoPaiMo models from previous years.


The big Akhal-Teke, Nazar, was my NaMoPaiMo model for last year, which I also managed to paint in time. The small stablemate custom was my NaMoPaiMo model for 2017. Unfortunately I didn't manage to finish him in time, as he was finished just a few weeks after NaMoPaiMo.


I quite like this trio and think that I can see some improvement with every piece.

2 comments: