Saturday, February 2, 2019

Second day of NaMoPaiMo


Today might be the second day of NaMoPaiMo but it is my first day of painting as I spent yesterday fixing the last couple of issues on my primed model (mostly stray bits of hardened primer as my primer decided to start spitting on my NaMoPaiMo model... I primed like 15 models in a batch but it only spit on my NaMoPaiMo horse and one other...)

Anyway, I work in pastels and I learned the hard way just how many layers you need when building up pastels from you white primer coat. So I find doing a base coat in acrylics saves my time (and sanity!) 

I am currently waiting for my PanPastels, which are due to arrive at the end of next week. So for the time being, I am focusing on my acrylic basecoat.

I like to start with one of the lighter colours I can see on my reference picture and then work my way up from there.

Today I managed to paint two layers of acrylics.


First layer: Acrylics, yellow ochre with a touch of raw sienna.

Second layer: Acrylics, same mix as the first layer.
Tomorrow, my plan is to finish the acrylic base coat and then I'll have to wait for my PanPastels to arrive.

I also started base coating two other models who are both destined to be bay and might be my side projects for NaMoPaiMo.


No comments:

Post a Comment