Sunday, May 26, 2019

Show Report Halter

Saturday my boyfriend and I went to our first live show this year. It was held approximately two hours from home so quite close. At this show we were testing a different structure to the show then we normally do here in Sweden. From what I understand this way is the way shows are held in pretty much every country but Sweden. We got a class list and at the day of the show you just put your horses on the table in the right class. It was interesting trying something new but I am a big fan of starting lists as I find it so much easier to keep track of everything. On the other hand it was really nice to be able to bring the horse I got two days before the show.

We were quite a few people at the show which was great, some I've met before and some I've never met but no matter what it is always great fun to meet up with people who share my love for the plastic ponies.

Using this way of showing meant classes could be quite a bit bigger than we are used to. The Arabian class was one of those so we actually ended up splitting it so that it would be more manageable and so that we had someone to judge it. I showed my Mini Khemo, Sayad, painted by S. Nordström and me RC Gizelle, Arwen, also painted by S. Nordström in the Arabian resin class and they got 5th and 6th out of 14.

Champion Arabian, champion Arabian reserve and champion Arabian novice.
 After the Arabians we got started with Sporthorses. In the Thoroughbred class I showed Lost All Hope (RC Kitty Didit rep. L. Lawrynovicz) and Fallen Hero (RC Valor rep. N. Söhn) and they got second and third in the class.

Warmbloods were up next and I had 8 warmbloods, showing in 3 different classes. Belize (RC Genoveva rep. S. Nordström) and Chester VS (RC Caitano rep. S. Nordström) showed in the Swedish Warmblood class and got first and 6th out of 11.

The other Warmblood class was another really big one (I brought 6 models for this class) so we once again, decided to split it. My new addition Nimbus, shown as a KWPN (RC Oscar cm E. Zarzecka), Lexus, shown as a Trakehner (Tr. Totilas rep. J. Ward), Firenze, shown as a Hanoverian (Tr. Totilas rep. D. Brown) and Diadora, shown as a Hanoverian (RC Akelei rep. ? ret by me) showed in the same class and took 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

In the other part of the split class I showed Caliber (RC Mini Caprice rep. S. Prosser) and Empire (AAE Davy Jones Waterfestival SR OF) they took 1st and 4th.

The champion vote was tough and I hoped my horses would do well. And they did, or more precisely, Nimbus did, claiming the Champion Sporthorse reserve title.

Sporthorse champion, champion reserve and champion novice. 
Draft classes were up after the sporthorses and I only had one horse to show, my old and faithful AR Brigadör (PC MM Brigadier rep. A. Gustafsson) who had quite the competition and was unplaced in his class of 14.
Drafthorse champion, champion reserve and champion novice.
Ponies were up after the drafters and I had 4 ponies to show in three different classes. Dear old Epsilon (NL New Forest OF) took second in the other ponies class. Gold Rush (Copperfox Sovereign OF) got unplaced in the British Pony class. In the riding pony class Maverick (RC Tivoli rep. A. Dionne) and Remembrance (PS Pony Shoal OF) took 3rd and 5th. 

Champion pony and champion reserve/champion novice
After ponies came stockhorses and I brought my 2 Moxies to show. Don't Call Me Nymphadora (RC Moxie rep. A. Brock) got third in her class and It Takes Two To Tango (RC Moxie rep. by me) got first in her class.
 
Stockhorse Champion and Champion Reserve/Champion Novice
 Wildhorses and crossbreds came next and I had my, by now pretty well known pair of mustangs with me, Sahale J (RC El Embosco rep. E. Gonzales) and Nahele (RC El Embosco rep. J. Hall). I also brought my adorable little Cheyenne (Bennett MM Sierra rep. L. Morris). They did well taking first (Nahele), second (Sahale J) and third (Cheyenne). Nahele went on to be Champion reserve.

Wildhorse and Crossbreds Champion/Champion Novice and Champion Reserve
Then came the Riding- and Carriagebreeds. I showed 6 horses in 5 different classes. Raphael (RC Gabriel rep. by me) was unplaced in the friesian class. Bocelli (Tr. Tregoyd Journeyman OF) got 4th in his class. Make Me Justice (RC Santa Maria rep. by me) and Madonna (Sm. G2 ASB rep. C. Johansson) showed in the same class and got 4th and unplaced. Nazar (RC HA Akhal-Teke cm by me) was probably the biggest surprise of the day, winning his class.

Riding- and Carriagebreeds Champion, champion reserve and champion novice. 
The only championship I didn't have any horses to show in was the other Equus. It had a nice mix of mules and donkeys and a zorse. 

Other Equus champion, champion reserve and champion novice
Foals were next to last instead of first like it has been in most shows for quite a while. I decided to only bring one foal to this show, Helios (RC Oliver rep. S. Kern) and he did well, winning his class and then going forward to win my only champion title of the day! 

Foal Champion, Champion Reserve and Champion Novice 
The last championship of the day was Fantasy, and I actually brought a Fantasy horse! My relatively new unicorn, Kanyou (CollectA Friesian cm A-KU) got to come with me to the show and he did not disappoint, taking second in his class.

Fantasy Champion/Champion Novice and Champion Reserve 
The callback table was tough and it was close between the winners of the Best in Show titles.


Best in Show, Best in Show Reserve and Best in Show Novice

No comments:

Post a Comment