Friday, May 24, 2019

Gorgeousness!

I have done quite a bit of model horse shopping the last few weeks and I was not supposed to buy anymore horses for a while. And then Oscar came up for sale.


I have enjoyed the works from Ela at MetalFishArt for quite a while and currently have a horse with her for a commissioned paintjob. However I have tried to acquire a piece by her for a while and when I saw Oscar, who is sculpted by one of my absolute favourite sculptresses I didn't want to pass the chance up.


I was so happy when I got the email that my bid had won! Then the wait started. Fortunately I didn't have to pay any duties on this model and the shipping was quite fast. Unfortunately the package was supposed to be delivered to my door on a day I wasn't home so the post office took the package back to the sorting place and the next day, drove it out to my pickup place. That meant I had to wait an extra day to get my horse. Normally I am quite okay with that but, I don't like to wait, but I can accept it. This time I was a bit more impatient as I really, really was looking forward to this model.


Anyway, the box he came in was BIG and he was VERY well packed. I was very careful unwrapping him from layers and layers and layers of bubblewrap but at the same time I kind of wanted to rip it all up and free my new, beautiful horse.


When I got him out, I gasped and was at a loss of words. I could do nothing but look at this beautiful model and appreciate the hug amount of work that has been put into him. Words can not describe how beautiful this model is and my pictures does NOT do him justice, at all! Link to Ela's photos that does him far more justice!


I couldn't stop looking at him! But I had worked late and had to go to bed so I had to wait until the next day to drool some more over him. No details was spared on this guy, whether it was details in the paintjob, like striped hooves and hair detailing in the markings.


Amazingly painted undersides of hooves.


The smoothest paintjob I think I have EVER felt and probably one of the best prep jobs I've ever seen.


His mane and tail is resculpted, among some other parts. He has veins sculpted, wrinkles in the right places, whisker bumps. Anyone who has ever had an unprepped Eberl model in their hands can probably testify that there can be quite a bit of prepping involved before they are ready for paint and I can only imagine how many hours and hours of resculpting and prepping that has been put into this piece!


There is not an imperfection anywhere near this horse! Ela has really, really put a lot of time, hard work and heart into this gorgeous piece.


I am so happy to finally have a piece done by her in my collection and I can't wait to have my commissioned model done by her (even though I know great work takes time and I will patiently wait for as long as she needs for him to be finished but seeing her work in person for the first time makes me want him even more!)


But until my commissioned model arrives I will enjoy this beauty (and maybe try to get my hands on some other models by her 😉) 



I had a hard time to pick a breed for this guy but as he will come with me to a show tomorrow I kind of needed to make a bit of a quick decision. It stood between KWPN and Standardbred as I think he would look absolutely lovely as both! But for now I decided on him being a KWPN and I decided to call him Nimbus.


It will be fun to show him and I will enter him in both workmanship and halter but no matter how he will do tomorrow I couldn't be happier with my new addition!


This horse is so photogenic and beautiful and has definitely climbed high up the list of favourites in my collection!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing makes a horse happier than to have a good home.
    Looks like Nimbus is happy!!

    ReplyDelete