Sunday, July 30, 2017

Liveshow Report Part 1: Halter Division

I had a blast at last weekends show but unfortunately I managed to forget my camera! That unfortunately means that I have very little photos so show you and all of them are taken with my phone so the quality is not great. It was quite the bummer forgetting the camera as several of my horses did rather well at this show.

The limit for horses each owner could show in the halter show was a bit smaller than on other shows I've recently been to so I showed 14 horses in the halter show as one wasn't finished in time. That meant that some of my regular showstring had to stay home to make room for a few newbies.

The foal division was the first of the day and I only had one horse to show, my trusted Helios, who didn't disappoint, taking first in his class and later on claimed the champion title. His reserve was a super cute donkey foal painted by it's owner and the novice champion was a really nice thoroughbred foal.

Champion Foal: Helios, RC Oliver rep. S. Kern
Champion Foal Reserve: Plopp, HA Palmerston rep. T. L. Enarsson
Champion Foal Novice: High Hopes, Breyer Zenyatta's Colt OF
The Arabian championship was quite a lot smaller than what I've become used to but the horses shown in the championship were still gorgeous. I only had one Arabian to show, Athame (AA Sabiha ret.) and she placed third out of three in her class. The winner of her class was one of my favourite models of the show, a beautiful AA Sabiha PHV painted and haired by Faye Cohen. She was such a beauty! The reserve champion had the most incredibly detailed rabicano markings I have seen in person (and my pictures don't do him any justice). The novice champion was a really nice bay CollectA Arabian.

Champion Arabian: Narasimha, AA Sabiha PHV rh F. Cohen
Champion Arabian Reserve: Shikuulharaharijar, Windwalker rep. J. Saar
Champion Arabian Foal Novice: Tryptyk, CollectA Arabian OF
The drafthorse championship was bigger than the Arabian championship and some really nice horses showed in it. I surprised myself by having two horses to show. Both of my horses did great, Ayers Rock Brigadör (MM Brigadier rep. A. Gustafsson) took first in the Shire class and Brego (Mini Haggis rep. by me) took first in the Clydesdale class. In the end it was the day of the Ardennais as the champion was the winner of the Ardennais class, the Reserve was the horse who placed second in the Ardennais class and the Novice champion was another Ardennais!

Champion Drafthorse (Top photo): AR Bellamie, RC Babette rep. A. Gustafsson
Champion Drafthorse Reserve (Bottom photo): Sven, Schleich Ardennais rep. J. Dueck
Champion Drafthorse Novice (Top photo): Blända, Britains LDT rep. L. Hellberg
The pony championship contained 5 classes with a nice mix of Shetlands, Welshes, Riding Ponies and a mix of other ponies. I showed two ponies in this championship. Trusty old Epsilon (NL New Forest OF) did well winning his class and claiming the championship title. My other pony, Maverick (RC Tivoli rep. A. Dionne) placed third in the Riding pony stallions class. The champion reserve was an adorable Shetland pony and the novice champion was a really nicely painted welsh.

Champion Pony: Epsilon, NL New Forest OF
Champion Pony Reserve: Sprout, HA Truffles OF
Champion Pony Novice: Silverpilen, Breyer Dreamhorse rep. L. Hellberg
I was supposed to have two horses two show in the Riding- and Carriagehorse championship, both painted by me. Unfortunately I didn't manage to finish one of them in time so I could only show one. Happily Raphael (Gabriel rep. by me) did very well, placing first in his class. It wasn't enough to beat the really nicely painted Nahar for the champion title or the awesome China By Comittee II for the Reserve title. I'm still happy he did as good as he did 😊. The novice champion was a really nice Breyer Breeds of the World ASB.

Champion Riding- and Carriagehorse: Aladdin, RC Nahar cm K. Cresbrecht
Champion Riding- and Carriagehorse Reserve: Gnista, HA By Committee II OF
Champion Riding- and Carriagehorse Novice: Hot Scott, Breyer BOTW ASB OF

The sporthorse championship is the one I like best and the one that I usually show most horses in. This time was no exception. I showed 4 horses this championship, two Swedish Warmbloods and two thoroughbreds. I believe this was the biggest championship of the day and contained both thoroughbreds, warmbloods, cold- and warmblooded trotters and Friesian sporthorses. Lost All Hope (Kitty Didit rep. L. Lawrynovicz) took third in her class. Chester VS (Eberl Caitano rep. S. Nordström) and Belize (Eberl Genoveva rep. S. Nordström) both showed in the same class, earning second and fourth place. Fallen Hero took first in his class and went on to claim the champion reserve title behind a gorgeous Spinnaker shown as a coldblooded trotter. The Novice champion title went to a nicely painted Britains model.


Champion Sporthorse: Mån Ravn, RC Spinnaker rep. A. B-Farelle
Champion Sporthorse Reserve: Fallen Hero, Valor rep. N. Söhn
Champion Sporthorse Novice: Graziella, Britains LDT rep. L. Hellberg
The Mustang/Stockhorse championship was probably the one I looked forward to the most of the day as I had three horses two show, none of which had actually been shown by me before. Two of them are recently acquired and one was newly finished by me. My three horses showed in three different classes. My newly finished Moxie resin, It Takes Two To Tango took second place in the paint class. My other Moxie resin, Don't Call Me Nymphadora, took first in the other Stockhorse class and went on to claim the Champion Reserve title. My other new addition Nahele (El Embosco rep. J. Hall) took first in his class and claimed the champion title.

Champion Mustang/Stockhorse: Nahele, RC El Embosco rep. J. Hall
Champion Mustang/Stockhorse Reserve: Don't Call Me Nymphadora, Moxie rep. A. Brock
Champion Mustang/Stockhorse Novice: -
The other Equus championship was the smallest of the day but had some super cute entries none the less. I had no horses to show in this division as I only own 1 donkey and 3 mules (one is not even painted) and they are very seldom taken out to shows. Both the champion and the reserve were super cute donkeys.

Champion Other Equus: Joker, NL Donkey cm J. Williford
Champion Other Equus Reserve: Bonnie, Schleich Donkey mare ret. K. Persson
Champion Other Equus Novice: - 

The Drafthorse champion AR Belleamie went on to be voted Best in Show with the Sporthorse Champion Mån Ravn as Reserve. Hot Scott, the Champion Novice from the Riding- and Carriage horse championship was voted Best in Show Novice.

Best in Show: AR Belleamie
Best in Show Reserve: Mån Ravn
Best in Show Novice: Hot Scott


In my next post I'll cover the other divisions of the show 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment