Friday, March 31, 2017

National Model Tack Month - Warm Up

As I have never worked with leather before I wanted to do some warm up before National Model Tack Month. 

My first warm up exercise was the Deluxe Stock Halter Kit that I recently bought from Rio Rondo

Modeled by Whiskey Lullaby, Breyer Tr. Smart Chic Olena JCP SR OF

I'm actually quite happy with how it turned out (being my first leather halter).


I did have some issues with the hole punching and also the tongue buckle but it worked out in the end and I might have an idea on how to make it better for next time.


I think I might add some rhinestones to the silver when I can get my hands on some but we'll see 😊


For my next warm up I decided on trying out an English saddle, in stablemate scale! I'm not sure it was a particularly wise decision for my second project ever but I've had the English Saddle Guide by Anna Helt (formerly Kirby) for years and never got around to try it so I just couldn't help myself!

I printed the pattern and used a small ziplock bag to keep the pattern together.


So far I haven't made too much progress but I have the D-rings attached and most parts drawn out on my leather.


I've also managed a somewhat seat-looking seat part and attached the knee rolls, though they're not perfectly even (neither is the flaps) I still think it looks okay for a first English saddle and first piece of leather tack in stablemate scale.


Tomorrow National Model Tack Month starts and I can finally start my Western kit! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment