Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I Did It!

Better late than never but my NaMoPaiMo model is finally finished (actually he was finished Wednesday) and that makes him my second finished model this year! 😃


He started out as a Breyer Stablemate Andalusian that I gave a new mane and tail, a straighter profile and some new neck muscles.


I chose to paint him as a portrait/semi-portrait of my all-time favourite dressage horse, Briar.


I'm quite happy with how he turned out and even though I most likely will give him a better, permanent base at a later date he now happily resides at my shelf with all my other finished models.


He is probably my best horse to date and hopefully I'll keep improving with every horse I paint.


I had a great time with NaMoPaiMo and learned a lot! I really hope that I might finish my model in time next year.

'

I named him Bailando and of course, I show him as a Swedish Warmblood stallion. I took him to his first liveshow last weekend and he placed fourth in his class. I had hopes he'd might be able to snag a qualification card but not this time. I still got some nice comments on him and I am extremely happy with him any way 😊.

The real Briar.
The real Briar was actually born at a farm not far from my childhood home and I have been fortunate to meet the real Briar at two occasions, one at a competition and one at the stable where he lived when ridden by Swedish rider Jan Brink. I've also seen him compete at several occasions, both live and on tv. So I'm very happy that I now have my own mini version of him in my collection.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! He looks great.

    If you have a picture of him with his ribbon, please send it to me. I'm working on a post about NaMoPaiMo horses in the showring.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I would've loved to but never got a photo of him in the ring and the class wasn't that big so fourth place was not a huge achievement :)

      Delete