Monday, March 20, 2017

Show Report Part 1 - Mini Live, OF and Customs

When I read about this show I wasn't sure if I'd go or not. I see myself as a Traditional collector and I don't have that many minis. At least that's what I thought. I do have quite a few minis (Little bits and smaller). They are not as good show horses as my bigger ones but I though why not go anyway. That way some of my less shown models got a chance in the show ring.

This show started with the foal championship and I had no less than 6 models to show. They did quite good with Angel (Sm. Galopping Foal rr T. Wolmer) and Troublemaker (Sm. Scrambling Foal rr T. Wolmer) taking second place in their respective classes. But my best result in these classes my CollectA Donkey Foal rep. by me did. Dixi placed first in her class! I was really proud! The championship titles went to an adorable Appaloosa Sporthorse and a beautiful Swedish Warmblood foal.

Champion Foal: Busta Move, Sm. Prancing Foal rep. D. Capwell
Champion Foal Reserve: Mandelblom CH, Sm. Running Foal cm P. Nilsson
Arabians are not really my breed and I only had my Shabha (Breyer Sm. G1 Arabian Mare OF) to show in this division she placed third out of 4 in her class with the winner of the class taking the champion title with a Peter Stone chips FCM as a reserve.

Champion Arabian: KZ Nienna, Sm. TB cm P. Nilsson
Champion Arabian Reserve: Al-Hadiye, PS Chips FC OF
Onto drafters, another championship where I only had one horse to show and he did good. Dunbar Prince (Sm. G2 drafter rr S. Nordström) took second place in his class. This day was the day of the fjordhorses as both the champion and the reserve where fjordhorses, both really beautiful and I wouldn't mind having both of them on my shelf!



Champion Drafthorse: Pollyglittra, Sm. Para-dressage cm P. Nilsson
Champion Drafthorse Reserve: Grådask, Sm. Para-dressage cm. S. Nordström
Next up was ponies. I'm not really a pony collector but I still had 3 ponies to show in this division. My newly finished Neptune (Sm. G2 WB rr by me) took third out of four but got some really nice comments so I'm pleased. My other two ponies Bailey (Sm. G3 Jumper rr by me) and Mirabelle (Sm. G1 Swaps rr by me) took first and third in their class. Than something really, really surprising happened. Bailey went on to claim the championship title! I couldn't believe it! I think he's really cute and charming but I never considered him good enough to win a championship! His reserve was the one I believed would claim the championship, a beautifully painted CollectA pony.

Champion Pony: Bailey, Sm. Jumper cm T. Melin
Champion Pony Reserve: Vind-Ile, CollectA Dartmoor rep P. Nilsson
Riding- and carriage horses is such a diverse championship and it contains a lot of good horses. My two American saddlebreds Madonna (Sm. G2 ASB rep. C. Johansson) and Since You Don't Love Me (Sm. G2 ASB rep. A. Gustafsson) took first and second in their class. The vote for champion was hard and there were a lot of good horses on the callback table. In the end a knabstrup and appaloosa sporthorse claimed the championship titles. Both of these models have the most amazing details and patterns and were very worthy winners!

Champion Riding and Carriage Horse: Merrilinn J, Sm. G2 WB cm A. Zaharenkova
Champion Riding and Carriage Horse Reserve: Eragon, Sm. G2 WB rep. E. Rönnberg
Onto sporthorses. I love sporthorses but I don't have that many good sporthorses in smaller scales (yet). I had high hopes for my newly painted Bailando (Sm. G2 Andalusian rr. by me) but it didn't go quite as good as I'd hoped. Still he got fourth out of seven with the winner of his class later went to claim the champion title. My girl Symphony D (Sm. G3 Cantering WB rr S. Nordström) won her class, as did my new Sm. G2 TB rr C. Johansson under the name Philophobia with Royal's Mexican Heat (Sm. G2 TB rr S. Nordström) as second. Symphony D later went on to claim champion reserve.

Champion Sporthorse: Tristan CH, CollectA Hanoverian rep. P. Nilsson
Champion Sporthorse Reserve: Symphony D, Sm. G3 WB rr. S. Nordström
Stockhorses was quite a small championship and my only horse in this championship was an older repaint of mine (he's not signed but I think he was painted in 2013 or 2014 and updated in 2015). Splinter in My Soul made me proud by taking second in his class and later going on to become champion reserve behind a super nice peter stone chips custom.

Champion Stockhorse: TO Purring Magic, PS Chips QH cm P. Lawson
Champion Stockhorse Reserve: Splinter In My Soul, Sm. G2 Stockhorse rep. T. Melin
I had no wild- or crossbred horses to show so I got more time to watch the beauties shown. I really like the Breyer sm. Rivet mold and might need one or two to repaint one day. The champion was a really nice bay overo and the reserve was a cool appaloosa on a remade G3 jumper.

Champion Wild and crossbreds: Enduro, Sm. G4 Rivet rep. P. Lawson
Champion Wild and crossbreds: Wakiza, Sm. Jumper cm S. Nordström
I had no donkeys or other Equus to show either but I think these are really cute. The winner was a peter stone mule with a Schleich donkey as reserve. 

Champion other Equus: Mary-Lou, PS Chips Mule SR OF
Champion other Equus Reserve: Dawn, Schleich Donkey OF
The callback table for the Best In Show was really tough and any of the models could probably have claimed the title but I the end the champion of the riding- and carriage horse went on to claim the Best in Show title and the Best in Show reserve was the champion of the sporthorse champion. I really like these two and I would be happy to own both of them 😉.

Best In Show: Merrilinn J
Best In Show Reserve: Tristan CH

No comments:

Post a Comment