Sunday, March 26, 2017

Boots!

I happened to stumble across an ad on MHSP for some heavily discounted bell boots by J. Skybova. The bell boots were in small bags of different colours, There were 10 boots in each bag and when I found the ad there were only one bag left.

The boots in the bag was, as stated in the ad, mostly first quality castings but the shades might not be the exact match to each other. I have bought a set of Jana's boots before and I really like them so I jumped on the chance to buy some more :)

My bag was "small sized" which according to Jana fits most traditional scale breyers and resins with smaller hooves. She used the Show Jumping Warmblood, Ruffian and Salinero as some examples of what models they would fit.

This is my haul:


The pink ones are clearly different shades.


The yellow pair is a match.


This greenish pair is a really, really close match.


The green ones shade are a bit different from one another.


This pair is the most "mis-matched" pair of the bunch one being lime green and one almost a light teal colour.


On the models the greenish pair works great as a pair.



 The pink ones look okay at a distance.


But upon closer inspection you do see a difference, although I still think that they might work as a pair for photoshows.


The shades of the green pair is a bit different but just as the pink ones, I'd say that they would work as a pair for photoshows.



The yellow pair is perfect as a pair.



The last pair is the lime/light teal pair. The difference in these shades is too big in order to use them as a matchy pair.


However they might work in a performance entry for some costume jump competition or something similar!


I'm really happy I got these and can't wait to get some tack to use them with!

3 comments:

  1. That's such a great deal! I love her boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity, they are amazing!

      Delete
  2. That's such a great deal! I love her boots.

    ReplyDelete