Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Live show essentials

I wrote about how I plan before going to a live show in the post for Day 9 of the Copperfox Challenge. There I mentioned my "live show essentials". I thought I'd show you the things I don't go to a live show without:

I write down the numbers on the tags before I go to the show  and bring a few blank ones

Tags
Tags are probably the essential of the essentials as you need them to identify the model during the show. I always try to bring a few extra so if someone has too few or forgot theirs, I can share. I rarely put the tags on my models before I pack them as they usually fall off in my boxes.



Pen
I always bring a pen (or two as they have a nasty habit of running away!) so that I can keep record of the placings in the show papers.

I usually only bring one or two with me, usually green and/or yellow as those are the colours I like best ;)

Highlighter
A highlighter is great to highlight the name of the models I own and the classes I will be judging. That way I hopefully won't miss anything.

My dear Nikon D3200

Camera
I love to take pictures of all the beautiful horses that I see so of course I need to bring my camera. And if one of my horses would do really good I want a picture to prove it!

My regular live show candy. I rarely ever eat them otherwise :)

Candy 
Usually there is some type of snack provided at the show (here in Sweden at least) but I usually bring my own so I can eat some in my car too if I get tired when driving. I always make sure to buy hard, non-sticky/non-smearing candy, preferably wrapped in paper to make sure that I won't get anything on my models (of course I wash my hands but sometimes the ringmaster calls out a new class and I need to get my model on the table before I have the opportunity to). Candy is a live show essential for me since I need the sugar to keep up all day with meeting all the people, judging and keeping track of my showstring.



Drink
Some type of drink is usually also provided (usually tea, coffee, soda and water) but I still like to bring my own so that I can have it in the car as well. I also like to be able to have it on or under my table so it's easily accessed. I always make sure to buy a drink with a screw cap (usually a Coca Cola) so that nothing can happen if it falls over.

This is not the complete list of models that I bring with me.
Headings from left to write: number, name, packed (at home), packed (after the show), class, placing.
Some models have bigger boxes in the list and that is because they are entered in two classes.
The red ones are scratched entries as I couldn't finish them in time
List of models
Normally I  just bring a handwritten list of the models I have with me so that I won't forget to pack anyone down after the show. But this time I made a nice spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel so that I can keep track of the models, whether I've packed them,  their numbers, and their placings.

Cash
I usually bring a small amount of cash to buy food or if there would be a sales model that would interest me.

Food
Food is not really an essential since we usually take a lunch break and order something from the local pizza place. But sometimes I bring my own food.

It's become a habit to have all these things with me and most of them I wouldn't manage without when I'm at the show (candy and drink I could do without but the rest of the things would be hard).

Normally I try to keep all of these things in a small bag of some sort so that they are easy to find and keep track of. The show is this Saturday and I can't wait to see all the nice people there and all the gorgeous models!

Stay tuned for live show reports! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment