Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Show Report Resin Division

The show was a one day show and we started the day some time after 9 am on Saturday. We began with the resin division. First championship was the foal championship and this time it was a really, really small championship with only two small classes.

I only had one horse to show, my cute little Helios and he made me really proud winning his class and then also win the championship with an adorable Lilly resin as reserve.

Champion Foal: Helios, Mink Oliver rep. S. Kern
Champion Foal Reserve: Petronella, Lilly, rep. P. Lawson
Arabians were up next and once again I only had one horse to show. The championship was bigger than the foal championship with lots of beautiful models. My dear Athame (AA Sabiha ret.) took second in her class behind the beautiful Mahiba who claimed the champion reserve title. The model who claimed the championship title is one of my favourite arabian resins, a Sarah Rose Khemosabi.

Champion Arabian: Ahvaz Aslan, Khemosabi rep. S, Rhodes
Champion Arabian Reserve: Ariel, Eberl Mahiba rep. G. Schmitt
I actually had 3 horses to show in the draft championship, which is quite unusual for me as I mostly collect sporthorses. My AR Brigadör (MM Brigadier rep. A. Gustafsson) did good this time too, coming in second in his class but my happiest moment was when Brego (Mini Haggis repainted by me) won his class. I also got compliments on his paintjob which was probably my proudest moment on the show! :) My third horse in the championship was Humla (Mara rep. S. Tostanoski) who placed last in her class, which I don't take too hard as it was quite a tough class. The champion title was won by a beautifully painted Camaro resin shown as a Vladimir Heavy Draft. The reserve title was claimed by the winner of the ardennais class.

Champion Drafter: Saskia, Camaro rep. L. Rivera
Champion Drafter Reserve: Lukas, Finn rep. L.H. Behning
I showed 4 ponies in the pony championship and I wasn't expecting them to do too good. Maybe one or two placings but that's about it. Epsilon (NL New Forest OF) took third in his class which is good but I had hoped for another qualification card for him. I showed the other 3 horses in the same class, Maverick (Tivoli rep. A. Dionne), Colibri Daughter (Pasha rep. S. Nordström) and If I Could Dream (HA Misty Dawn rep. A. Gustafsson) and they placed first, second and fourth out of four. I was happily surprised at Maverick's win as he didn't do too well his last time out. It didn't stop there. Maverick also went on to claim the champion reserve title behind one of the tiniest models I've ever seen. She was a beautifully painted Micro Mini Fell Pony painted by a Swedish Artist.

Champion Pony: Midgårds Maj, Micro Mini Fell Pony cm E. Rönnberg
Champion Pony Reserve: Maverick, Tivoli rep. A. Dionne
I had no horses to show in the riding- and carriage horse championship so I had some time to drool over beautiful horses instead :) The champion is a model I've seen before and he is an absolute beauty (painted by the same artist as my Kitty Didit resin). The reserve was an even smaller Teeny Tiny Fell Pony by the same artist as the champion from the pony championship. The dapples were great and really, really tiny! Close ups will be on my Facebook page shortly :)

Champion Riding horse and Carriage horse: El Salvaje, Veroccio rep. L. Lawrynovicz
Champion Riding horse and Carriage horse Reserve: Silfra, Teeny Tiny Fell Pony rep. E. Rönnberg
Next championship is my absolute favourite, the sporthorse championship. I had three of my best horses showing in this championship, Lost All Hope (Kitty Didit rep. L. Lawrynovicz), Chester VS (Eberl Caitano rep. S. Nordström) and Belize (Eberl Genoveva rep. S. Nordström). As usual the warmblood class was really, really tough and I didn't think Chester or Belize would even place. But they did! Belize won the class with Chester as second! I was so surprised! Too bad I didn't get a photo of the class because I would happily bring each and every horse from that class home with me! Lost All Hope kept the bar high when she won her class. The callback table was tough and in the end the champion title went to a very well deserving Thoroughbred stallion with my Belize as the reserve.

Champion Sporthorse: No Shit Sherlock, Valor rep. B. Corcoran
Champion Sporthorse Reserve: Belize, Eberl Genoveva rep. S. Nordström
The stockhorse championship was rather small with only 3 classes, but I still managed to have 2 horses to show, both painted by myself. Wherever You Go (Liddy Quintessance rep. by me) placed last in her class which wasn't too bad since the class contained really nice models but Shot in the Dark (Bat Girl rep. by me) did better and managed to snag second place in her class. In the end a well-known face claimed the championship in the form of the quarterhorse stallion R. Dirty Cash with another quarterhorse stallion as his reserve.

Champion Stockhorse: R. Dirty Cash, RRQH #1 C. Williams
The next to last championship was the wildhorse or crossbred championship was another one I didn't have any models to show. I really need some horses to put into this championship as there are a lot of great models out there for this championship.

Another not to big championship with three classes but it was really tough classes! In the end the championship titles were claimed by a mustang stallion and a mustang mare. I would happily own both of them as they are absolutely gorgeous models, especially the stallion, which I have a huge soft spot for!

Champion Wildhorses or Crossbreds: Sahale J, El Embosco rep. E. Gonzales
Champion Wildhorses or Crossbreds: Enigma, Nevada rep. S. Prosser
The last championship of the resin division, and also the smallest, was the other Equus championship. It only contained one class but the quality of the models were not in any way less impressive than in any of the other championships! The champion was a really interesting reverse dapple colour and the reserve has the sweetest face!


Champion Other Equus: WW Rosie, Jasmine cm S. Nordström
Champion Other Equus Reserve: Alfons, Hey Mule rep. C. Jolly
Then it was time for callbacks in order to vote for the Best in Show and Best in Show Reserve! It was a really, really tough call with so many beautiful models! But in the end the Champion Drafter was crowned Best in Show with the Champion Riding- and Carriage Horse as Best in Show Reserve!

Very well deserved!

Best In Show Resin: Saskia, Camaro rep. L. Rivera
Best In Show Resin Reserve: 
El Salvaje, Veroccio rep. L. Lawrynovicz
Stay tuned for the show report in the plastic division, special shows and more photos from the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment