Sunday, May 29, 2016

Special Shows

The show also offered four special shows in addition to the resin and plastic divisions. You could enter a maximum of 5 models to each of the shows.

The special shows held were:
Novice
Fantasy
Original Finish Plastic
Vintage

Unfortunately I didn't get a whole lot of pictures of the different entries in these shows but at least I managed to get pictures of the winners!

I couldn't enter the novice show as I am not a novice anymore. This show had some really cute models but in the end it was won by the cutest little G2 Pony called Amadeus.

Best in Show Novice: Amadeus, Sm. G2 Shetland OF
The Fantasy show is always fun to see, even though I don't collect fantasy models myself I love to see all the beautiful creations. An absolutely beautiful unicorn claimed the Best in Show title.

Best In Show Fantasy: Chrysaor, HA Kilimanjaro rep. D. Brown
The Original finish plastic special show was the only special show I entered as I didn't have any horses to enter in the other shows. I entered 5 horses and the show was divided in 7 classes. Shaniqua (Cl. Arabian Mare OF) didn't place in her class. Fandango (Tr. Valegro OF) and Imperia (Tr. Sidesaddle Strapless OF) showed in the same class and got first and second. Bocelli (Tr. Tregoyd Journeyman OF) took first in his class. Last but not least was Remembrance (PS Pony Shoal OF) who also won his class. So for the callback table I owned 3 out of 7 horses. And Remembrance managed to claim the Best in Show for me! *Happy dance*

Best in Show Original Finish Plastic: Remembrance, PS Pony Shoal OF
The vintage show brought out some really old goodies! Some where even older than me and in awesome shape at that! I do have some more pictures of some vintage ones and they will be up on my Facebook page soon :) Most of the horses were done pre-2000 with several done around 1992-1995. If I remember correctly the adorable little pony who claimed the Best in Show was done around 1992-1995. It was really fun to see all these pieces of hobby history!

Best in Show Vintage: Nebulosa, Breyer Cl. Quarterhorse Stallion rh LMS

No comments:

Post a Comment