Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Review

Another year has come to an end and I can barely believe it. This last 6 months has been flying by at the speed of light! I have had a lot on my plate for quite some time now and I have had a bit of a slump as I just haven't had any inspiration or energy to do anything. I think that it's mostly because I haven't given myself enough time to rest and care for myself. But hopefully it'll be a bit better soon.

I have a lot to be thankful for and this year has been another good year for me. The Veterinary Hospital for horses were I work decided to hire me to be one of the regular staff instead of just being a temp for a few people who worked less to be home with their kids so now I have a more secure employment. My boyfriend and I have been living together for more than a year and in 2018 we will start looking for a house to buy and move in to. When you are reading this post, me, my boyfriend and four of our friends are actually in New Zealand traveling around, hiking and enjoying ourselves for a month. What an end to a good year!

Picture from our trip to London this May.
But enough about my personal life, I guess you're not here for my life story 😉

I did have a few goals for 2017 when it came to my models.

- Attend at least two liveshow.
I achieved this goal, by far, attending, not one, not two but 6 liveshows this year! To be honest I am pretty sure that that was every liveshow held in Sweden this year... I didn't intend for that to happen but they were in close enough proximity and greatly spaced so they didn't clash with anything else we had planned so it happened 😊. I had a blast at every show and it's so much fun meeting people who share the plastic pony obsession 😊.

- Paint at least 10 of my bodybox models.
I did quite well this year when it came to painting models. I manged to finish no less than 15 models this year. And I also finished a few that had been in the works for longer and therefore was not counted towards the goal. They were all fun to paint and I think I see an improvement in pretty much every model I make and I'm really pleased with the fact that I now dare to paint "nicer" models as well without being scared of ruining them.

- Try my hands at some more extensive resculpting.
I haven't done any extensive resculpting this year, actually, I've made very little resculpting at all this year. Hopefully I'll make up for that next year! 

- Get at least 1 of my unpainted resins painted.
I managed to get not one, but three of my unpainted resins painted. Although not as exciting as I've painted all of them myself. But at least they got some colour 😊.

- Try to get a hold of one of my holy grails.
In 2017 I didn't only manage to get a hold of a grail but I managed to get a hold of my grail of grails! I am extremely happy to have this gorgeous guy in my collection!

- Take photos for my website.
I have taken quite a few new pictures for photoshows but I have also published them on the website so even though I have quite some way to go before all of my models are pictured on the website I am happy to have gotten started.

- Keep blogging
I've almost managed to reach my goal of writing atleast 100 posts. I ended up with about 95 posts which I think is good enough. I did however reach my goal of getting to 35000 views! I am almost at 50 000 now! The giveaway will be slightly delayed due to the trip 

- Enter at least 10 photoshows
I didn't manage to achieve this goal as I only entered 5 photoshows this year (and unfortunately one of them was canceled) but 4 (technically 5) is definitely better than none so I'm quite happy anyway. It's been so much fun reading the results!

- Register my models/pedigrees
I didn't manage to register all my models/pedigrees (they are well over 500) but I did manage to register my Akhal-Tekes, American Saddlebreds and all of my Arabians so I'm working on it. 

I wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2018 be a happy and healthy year for all of you! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment