Friday, November 24, 2017

Portrait to be

For next year I really hope to be able to send one of my to-be-portrait models to a painter but in order to do so I need to have her fixed and prepped.


The model in question is my Eberl Primula resin. She arrived with broken ears and some prepping to do so I started with the ears. Her left ear is mostly original (broken piece glued on) with some reinforcing with apoxie as they where extremely thin! 


Her right ear is mostly just blocked in. This ear was also broken at arrival, into two piece. One of which crumbled when I picked it up. Atleast I was able to glue on the other part so she was only missing about 1/3 of her ear. I blocked it in with apoxie and I will file it done to match the other ear better. 


I also gave her some more forelock as it was practically missing on her left side. She also got new private parts as they hadn't survived the molding process well. There is still some work to do on her but I hope I'll be able to finish her before we leave for New Zealand!

No comments:

Post a Comment