Friday, November 10, 2017

Number Fifteen

Just like the title suggests I've just finished painting model number 15 for this year.

It was mostly just a test model that I used to try out a dappling technique on. For a long time it stood unfinished on my project shelf while I actually finished two other models using the dappling technique I first tried out on this model.


This model is a Britains or Britains copy. I'm not too familiar with the brand so I can't tell and it has had some resculpting and any logos were sanded of when this model came to me.


Neither the model, the prep job or the paintjob are perfect but it's a cute little model and I actually like the colour I managed to achieve.


My reference picture was an Ardennais and eventhough it might not be fit for a liveshow ring, I think it could be rather cute in a performance set up, maybe photoshows or as a shelf piece.


I have yet to decide on a name and gender for this model but for now it stands on my shelf.


 She looks a little more shiny in pictures than she does in person, but it could also be the fact that I had to use lightning to take these pictures.


I was thinking about selling this model as it might be a bit "forgotten" in my collection but seeing it finished, I'm not sure about selling it.


Hopefully I'll be able to finish a few more models this year but we'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

  1. Using lightning to photograph models with sounds terrifyingly dangerous.

    What a beautiful color. I'd be proud if I could paint that well. As to gender, it sounds like you chose in mid-blog. A name? Sparky... glowing... electric... the possibilities are striking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, didn't notice that one! Tough day at work plus the fact that English is not my native language apparently wasn't a great combination :) Thank you

      Delete
  2. You're welcome. I've been paid as a proofreader/editor. I would not have guessed English was not native to you, although I should've!

    ReplyDelete