Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Story Behind The Model

Back in the fall of 2012 I was working a lot to save money for when I'd begin studying. I worked all hours I could get and even managed to save some money for hobby funds. So I decided to treat myself with a little more expensive model from my wishlist.

Chester VS
I put out a wanted ad for some models on a Swedish model horse mailing list and soon got an answer from a Swedish artist. She didn't have any of the specific models I wanted but since most of them were Eberl Warmbloods she wrote to me as she had another Eberl Warmblood for sale.



The Warmblood in question was an Eberl Caitano resin that the artist had painted in a beautiful bay sabino with one blue eye. I had seen him before (I believe at a liveshow but also in pictures) and I liked him. I was also a little drawn in by the fact that he had proved to be competitive in the showring.



So even though he wasn't one I was looking for, I couldn't turn him down. The seller was very generous so I got to pay him in two time payments (I could afford him but it would be a tough month if I bought him directly so I thought it best to divided it in two).



I got his pedigree with him as well so I didn't have to name him! His name was Chester VS and it just suited him too well to change!

Champion at a liveshow
I have never ever regretted buying this boy even though he wasn't on my wishlist, he is a piece of art on the shelf and makes me happy every time I see him and at shows he usually does rather well! I love this horse!

Champion reserve at another show

No comments:

Post a Comment