Saturday, January 2, 2016

2015 Review

An elephant in the Kruger National Park. Picture taken by me in 2015.
2015 has come to an end. I'm not sure how that happened, the last 6 months have been flying by faster than I realized. Personally it's been a good year for me. I have done two work practice periods for my education, been to South Africa working with animals, working ALOT, spent time with my boyfriend, friends and family and started my last year of uni! By now I have about 6 months left before I am done!

When it comes to model horses this is what it looks like:

As seen in this post I had set the following goals to achieve in 2015:

- Attend at least one liveshow.
- Get my RC Mini Haggis painted.
- Paint some of my poor naked horses.
- Buy at least one model on my wish list
- Take photos for my website
- Finish pedigrees for at least 3 breeds
- Keep blogging

Belize

I must say that I'm happy with how I've done this year!

- I did attend, not one, but two liveshows in 2015! So I would say I managed to achieve that goal to 200% ;) And I'm also very proud of how well my horses did in these shows!
- My mini Haggis finally got his clothes! And by none other than myself! I'm happy with how he turned out!
- I did get some of my poor naked horses painted but I also got more models for my bodybox so I'm not quite sure what to say about this goal since my plan was to have less horses in my bodybox (I now think I have more ;))
- I actually only bought one model the entire year! Yes, hobby funds have been THAT scarce! I haven't had the time introduce him yet but he will be introduced soon :) I did win a few models on the two liveshows I went to. Most of them are destined for the bodybox and a new life, in time.
- I didn't take a single picture for my website but I started on a base so that I can take better pictures.
- When it comes to the pedigrees I've decided to put it on ice since I'm not sure I want to continue with pedigree assigning for all my models. I might continue for some of my favourite breeds though.
- When it comes to blogging I have pretty much kept my goal of two posts a month. A few more some months and some less some months but all in all I think I managed :)

Dixi
2015 has been a good year, especially for me personally. I'm hoping 2016 will be equally good on the personal plan and maybe bring me some more hobby time/funds :)

R. Peppermint

No comments:

Post a Comment