Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Late Unboxing

Remember these guys?


I won them at a liveshow I attended back in April! And it's just now that I got the time to unbox them!

WARNING! THIS POST CONTAINS PICTURES OF THE MYSTERY FOAL THAT COMES IN THIS SET SO IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO KNOW WHAT THE FOAL LOOKS LIKE PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED!

You're still here? Great, let's see some pictures!


The stallion was a nice black with a strip and two white socks. I was very lucky with him. He's got a nicely masked stripe, no visible flaws (I see that he got some dust on him in these pictures but at least it's not flaws). The only thing I would've wished for would be a little neater edges on the socks. Other than that, I love him.


I call him Talisman for now, we'll see if it sticks.


I seemed to be almost as lucky with the mare as I was with the stallion. The markings are nicely mapped (a little on the cheek seen in above picture that weren't as neat but I think it could be MUCH worse) and no visible flaws (again some dust in the pictures, didn't notice it when I took them...). The only thing I would've wished for is, just as with the stallion, a little neater edges on the socks.


For now I call the mare Summer but just as with the stallion; we'll see if it sticks!

Las but not least it's time to introduce the little baby.


The little baby was a nice bay overo with the cutest pinking on his nose! I got another nice one with good masking and nice colour with no flaws what I've seen.


I really liked this set and one day I will take a photo of my unintentional trotting foal conga! But at least I snapped a few comparison shots with the other models I have on these molds. 


I almost immediately reacted to the fact that the black stallions head wasn't as tilted as my chestnut stallion so that's why I decided to get comparison shots! It might be hard to really decide from my pictures since it was hard to get them in the same angle but if you compare them side by side the head of the chestnut one, really is more tilted!


That meant I kind of had to compare the mares too. And comparing them side by side made it look like the chestnut mare was slightly more turned than the black mare. But not as obvious as the head tilting in the stallions.


And just because I had all of them out, I just had to switch things up a bit and photograph the same coloured ones together.


No comments:

Post a Comment