Friday, December 4, 2015

Wherever You Go

This is the second model I finished out of five for the liveshow in November. She was another one that have been fighting me from the beginning.

I painted her once several years ago. I used acrylics back then so she wasn't perfect. I then got my hands on some pastels and updated her. I was quite happy with her, she was definitely an improvement from the first time I painted her. Unfortunately she took a fall when I was moving from my apartment and she broke an ear. I couldn't find the piece so she was standing like this on my shelf for quite some time.


Then I took matters into my own hands and order a small package of apoxie sculpt and tried to give her a new ear. It is not a perfect match but for my second attempt, I'm proud!


I had plans to pretty much restore her colour to the before-the-fall-shade but this girl was fighting me every single step of the way! 

Every time I sealed a new layer of the light pastels (that would be needed to make her about the same shade of chestnut as before) she fell over, still wet. It left marks in the finish and I started to give up a little bit. I decided to go a little darker than I had originally planned. And she never fell over again....


I think that it was her way of saying that she didn't like the previous shade. When it came to markings I was also supposed to recreate her markings but when I came to the point where I was supposed to start with the markings,


I just couldn't do it. I really liked her in this dark chestnut with no whites so that's what she ended up with, not what I had in mind but once again, that is not a bad thing.

I do want to apologize for the bad picture but I don't know when I get to take good ones so sorry but you'll have to stand the bad ones since I'm far to proud of them to wait :)


I named her Wherever You Go after a line in the song Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx (it's a beautiful song!).

Next post will show you my braided ponies!

No comments:

Post a Comment