Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Not going too well...

As the title says it's not going too well with my five customizing victims. I had great plans to start with my models and brought all the things I needed with me to my boyfriend.

At least that is what I thought... When we sat in his car on our way from the train station where he had picked me up, I realized that I had forgotten the key item. My electrical file. So no customization was done during my days off as I didn't have the tools to get rid of the mane and tails. But I still had a wonderful, relaxing time :)

Anyway today I relocated the stuff on my desk cleaned my desk and started preparing for doing some work tomorrow.

If you couldn't guess it from the drawing in my last post these are the five models I will work on:


The first three came to me already primed and the Andalusian was painted by me before but stripped and re-primed.


The Warmblood will have a more simple customization, he will have his mane and tail removed and probably braids sculpted and a new swishing tail (on the show side) or a "regular" flowing tail.


In my last post I asked for suggestions and I got some great ones from Beth at Chestnut Heartbeats. Among her suggestions she suggested making the Andalusian into a portrait of a famous dressage horse. I did have the idea of turning him into a dressage warmblood but when I read the suggestion I realized that this guy needs to be turned into a mini portrait of my all-time favourite famous dressage horse Bjorsells Briar who were ridden by the Swedish rider Jan Brink. I actually had the privilege to meet the real Briar a few times, both out on competition and at his home-stable. So I'm quite excited by this guy! He will get a new mane and tail and he'll probably need a base to stand as well.


Next horse, the Breyer Para-dressage mold. I have seen a few customs on this mold to beautiful Fjords and I wanted to try my hands at making one for myself. I just had to email the owner (and creator) of the ones I had seen to ask her if I could "borrow" her idea as it felt wrong to me to just "copy" the idea. She said it was absolutely no problem and I'm glad as I really think this mold makes a great Fjord! Unfortunately mine has some work to be done before it'll be a good Fjord.
  

First of all she has uneven eyes so I will resculpt her right eye as I like the look and placing of her left eye much better.


And secondly her ears. I find them quite ugly so they will need to be resculpted and of course she'll need a new mane, tail and some new "private parts" (not sure if I'll turn her into a him or let her stay a girl).



This girl is still quite undecided. She will have her mane and tail removed. I'm thinking of giving her a slight headtuck and do something about that face and neck that doesn't look quite right to me.


This guy was also a bit uncertain. I thought about turning him into Yarraman from the Silver Brumby series but once again Beth at Chestnut Heartbeats had a suggestion of turning him into a Hackney. I am not familiar with the breed but I thought it was a fun idea so I read up on the breed standard and with some work he might be a decent hackney. To begin with I chop of the mane and tail and then we'll see where we're going.


His face is also a bit wonky so it needs some work too.

I'll also try to keep record on the time it takes me to finish the individual horses as I think that it would be fun to know how much time I put into each horse from start to finish.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for the mention :)

    Bjorsells Briar is stunning! What an amazing colour he has! I can definitely see the Andalusian painted in his colours, especially in this photo: http://dressagetoday.com/content/content/27281/dt-01-brink-holistic-dressage.jpg

    And if you're thinking of keeping the mare as a Paso Fino, wouldn't she just look incredible in this stallion's colours? http://www.ironhorsepasofinos.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ideas deserve to be mentioned :)

      I know! I really hope I can do his colour justice when I get that far!

      I'm still not sure what to do with the paso mare but that stallion is absolutely gorgeous and I'll definitely keep that horse in mind for references :)

      Thank you :)

      Delete