Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Review

2016 has come to an end and has this been an eventful year or what!

On the personal plane I finished the courses of my last semester of uni, I lived through blood, sweat, tears and anxiety connected to the dreaded Bachelor's Thesis and graduated as a Veterinary Technician/Nurse. I got a job at a Veterinary Hospital for horses and worked a lot and in October I moved to an apartment with my boyfriend.



When it comes to model horses I've done quite well this year.

I had a few goals/plans for the year:
- Attend at least one liveshow.
I actually attended two liveshows this year. 
- Paint some of my bodybox models.
I managed to paint a bit this year. Unfortunately painting doesn't mean finishing so they are still not finished. However atleast I finished one horse this year :)
- Try my hands at some more extensive resculpting.
I resculpted a few manes, tails, eyes and neck muscles this year but nothing more extensive. However my mom bought me some tools for Christmas that hopefully will make extensive resculpting easier, so maybe next year.
- Paint my Kandinsky Dino as a portrait of Hjalmar.
Dino is not finished. However he's not far from finished. He just needs his eyes and mouth painted and a base for him to stand.
- Buy at least one model on my wish list.
This year was a far better year for buying model horses than last year. I bought no less than 14 models from my wishlist! 5 OF Breyer Stablemate Cantering Warmbloods, 1 OF Breyer Traditional, 2 Copperfox models, 2 painted resins and no less than 4 unpainted resins.
- Take photos for my website.
I actually bought a background for my traditional models so that I could start taking pictures. I haven't had the best weather conditions or light but I've managed to snap a few pictures.
- Keep blogging - Reach 20 000 views
For 2016 I wrote 85 blog posts and reached more than 20 000 views! I'm really, really happy about that! :)



2016 was a really good year for me both personally and on the model horse plane, hopefully 2017 will be good too :)

Happy New Year Everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment