Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Secret Santa

This year's Secret Santa is over and all the Santas and gifts have been revealed, so now I can show you all. I recieved two models that has been on my wish list for quite some time:


A beautiful Sm. G2 Warmblood OF in black and an even more beautiful Sm. G3 Cantering Warmblood OF in chestnut. Both from the Breyer Sm. Competing at the Games set. I was so happy to receive these two as they are great additions to my collection.

I had already had some thoughts of painting a horse for my giftee and when I found out who I was going to be the Secret Santa for I placed an order with MPV. I mostly bought stuff for myself but I bought a few things for my Santa. My giftee likes Akhal-Tekes and have quite a collection of different models so I decided to buy a CollectA Akhal-Teke mare and paint it for her. I also bought a Bella Rose model as part of the gift.

I wasn't sure I'd be able to finish the model as I'm quite a slow painter and I only had 10 days from prepping to sending it to my giftee when it arrived at my house.


I managed to finish the model the day before I needed to send it out! I however couldn't send it out the day before the deadline as the sealer needed to dry.


I'm really happy that I managed to finish the model in time as I am very pleased with how she turned and my giftee liked her too! :)


Pardon the bad pictures, I only had time to snap a few, very quick photos before wrapping it up and rushing to the post office :)

No comments:

Post a Comment