Friday, February 1, 2019

Down the rabbit hole?

I am not a clinky collector. Mostly because I'm a bit clumsy and because I am extremely terrified of breaking them.

I have crossed the line quite a while ago when I bought a Lakeshore Houdini model but that is the only clinky model in my collection. Or, more correctly, he was the only clinky in my collection.

Yesterday another clinky arrived, after a bit of waiting.


This guy is an Animal Artistry Earthenware SR for the Swedish Model Horse Show "Waterfestival Liveshow". The model is called Davy Jones and Calypso and when I saw the sketches of the to-be-special-run I decided that I wanted one! And when I saw the first picture of the prototype I was even more sure. 

I just LOVE his blue eye!

I bought him and had intentions of picking him up at the show. Unfortunately the models were a bit lighter and more dappled than the prototype showed and I got the choice to take one of the lighter ones or wait for a darker one as they were being sent back to Animal Artistry to be made a little darker. The lighter ones were really, really nice but I wanted mine a bit darker as it was partly the darker shade that drew me into him. So I decided to wait.

And I am so glad I did! I got pictures of several of the darker models and got to chose the one I liked the best. When I unpacked him yesterday I was almost speechless! He is absolutely gorgeous. And the details! And the cat! I haven't been this awed by a model horse in quite some time!

His adorable little companion, who also needs a name.

When holding him in my hands I had a thought that clinkies might not be so bad after all... I think I need to start telling myself that I am NOT a clinky collector, otherwise I can absolutely see that a few more could happen to find their way home to me.


I have yet to assign him a name and a breed but I want it to be something special as I really, really liked him, so it might take a while to figure that out.

I am not a clinky collector, I am not a clinky collector...

1 comment:

  1. I am not a clinky collection either, but I do SO understand! Congrats!! P.S. The classic literary name for a grey cat is Grimalkin (or Grimaulkin) -- see Marguerite Henry's King of the Wind. -- Sue B Young (I'm on my mom's computer and can't change the signature).

    ReplyDelete