Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Trouble in paradise

I kept on layering, and layering, the whites of the blanket on my NaMoPaiMo pony. And I actually started to like the way she was looking and had high hopes I might even finish in time.


I let the acrylics of the blanket dry and then I decided to spray a layer of sealer on it so that I could do the mapping.

And that's were things started to go wrong. I am not sure why but the white paint of the blanket started cracking, in several places, making small gashes in the white. I also managed to spray a little to much sealer on so I got a drip on her right side.

I was very bummed about the cracking but thought that I could fix the drip when she was dry again. When I thought she was dry, I started to sand on the drip. Apparently she wasn't completely dry and I managed to take of her paint almost all the way down to the primer.


No I was really, really bummed! I actually liked the horse and thought I could finish her in time.


I am still working on her and hope that I might be able to fix her, although whether or not that will be in time for NaMoPaiMo, I don't know at the moment. But I'll keep trying!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, hang in there, I had a drip too! Sealant seems to be the trickiest part.

    ReplyDelete