Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Review

2018 has come to an end and will sitting here, writing this post, I can barely believe it. This year started out in the best possible way with the New Zealand trip with my friends and boyfriend. Unfortunately it went a bit downhill from there. In the beginning of the year I came very, very close to losing my father. He was in critical condition for quite some time and hospitalized for over 6 weeks. For those 6 weeks my life revolved around work and hospital visits and for quite some time after I spent a lot of free time traveling down to see my father, making sure he was okay. Fortunately he is okay now and what could have been the worst year for me turned out to be one of the best, just because I am blessed to still have my father with me.



Because of that and a tough year at work (even though I love my job) it has just taken a toll on me and I feel a bit worn down so I'll try to take a step back from some responsibilities and try to find my way back again. This is also the reason why I haven't had a lot to blog about, and therefore haven't blogged a whole lot.

Anyway, let's see how we did with the goals for this year.

- Attend at least two liveshows.
Once again I managed to enter quite a few live shows this year. To be exact I managed to make it to no less than 4 live shows this year.

- Paint at least 10 of my bodybox models.
I did not manage to paint 10 of my bodybox models this year. Unfortunately I have only managed to finish my NaMoPaiMo model and one other repaint this year.

- Send at least 1 of my unpainted resins to be painted.
I actually managed to get one model sent of for painting this year! The model in question is my Justin Tyme resin who has been unpainted on my shelf for quite some time (*cough* Since November 2013 *cough*)

- Paint at least 1 of my unpainted resins.
Technically I think that my NaMoPaiMo model would be counted towards this goal (and as I didn't paint any other resin) I will definitely count him towards this goal. 

- Buy at least one of the models on my wish list.I ticked of quite a few models on my wish list this year, which I am very happy to be able to do. Here are a few examples: Luna, Tadpole, Leonardo, Serafina and El Salvaje.

- Keep blogging.
I haven't been exact in my goal of one blog post per week but I've managed 55 blog posts (at the time of writing) which averages at a tiny bit more than 1 post a week so I am happy.

- Enter the Swedish Photo Show Series.
I did enter the photo Show Series and it has actually gotten me a couple of placings and qualification cards for the Swedish Nationals.

- Host at least 1 photoshow.
I haven't hosted a photoshow this year, but I did judge a show for the Photoshow Series and I did co-host a live show so I would actually say that even though I didn't reach my goal, I did quite good any way.

- Register my models/pedigrees.
I have registered a few more pedigrees but I do still have a lot left before I'm done.

All in all, I think I have managed quite well with my goals and I'm happy with this hobby year.


And at last I would just like to Wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR and I hope that you all will have a happy and healthy 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment