Wednesday, May 2, 2018

National Model Tack Month?

I had big plans for this years National Model Tack Month. Unfortunately my NMTM ended before it even began.

Due to some new fees put on packages from outside the EU the Swedish Postal system now takes 1½ to 2 weeks longer than normal to process and deliver a package from non-EU countries. Due to this my Rio Rondo order didn't arrive until April 18 and on the 19th I went a way for a course for work and wasn't home until late on the 22. The next week I was quite tired as I had worked an entire work week, then went on the course and then work another work week before getting a weekend off. So I was quite tired and had no motivation to work on my NMTM project.

Today, however, I had a day off work due to working on yesterday's public holiday and felt like making a start.


I managed to finish the very simple base of the bridle for my Akhal-Teke. According to the info I have found some Akhal-Teke bridles are not adjustable more than a buckle on the throatlatch so that's what I was aiming for (following my reference picture). 


I will hopefully start decorating it this weekend and then add the reins but so far I think it's an okay start considering it's my second bridle ever.

1 comment: