Monday, February 19, 2018

Last layers of pastels!

I never thought I'd come to this stage but finally I've managed to finish the final layers of pastels on the body of my horse!

Layer 24: Shading. Dark brown pastels. 
Layer 25: Shading. Dark brown pastels.



Layer 26: Light brown/raw sienna pastels to blend the topline into the body colour and tame the grain.
I tried a tip I found on the NaMoPaiMo facebook page. I used a lighter colour on top of a darker colour to get rid of grain. It worked like a charm! I will absolutely use this on future models as well!

Layer 27: Yellow ochre pastels along the lightest areas and some muscles. Light brown/raw sienna pastels to blend the topline into the body colour and tame the grain.

Layer 28: Yellow ochre pastels along the lightest areas and some muscles. Dark brown pastels along the topline, light brown pastels to blend the topline into the body colour.

Layer 29: Dark brown pastels along the topline, light brown pastels to blend the topline into the body colour.
I am finally happy with the body colour and shading of my model so when the sealer is dry I will get to start on his white markings! 😊

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see this! You have twice as many layers as me. He's gonna be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete