Monday, April 17, 2017

National Model Tack Month - Success!

Yesterday I managed to finish my National Model Tack Month project but it was too late and dark to take any pictures so I did it today!

The set was built on my Lady Phase model but I wanted to try it out on some of my other stockhorses as well. I don't own a whole lot of stockhorse models so I chose to just use two of my favourites.

The pad is just temporary, borrowed from a Breyer western saddle. I will make a proper pad to go with this set but I don't have the materials so that will have to wait.

Chocolate, Breyer Tr. Impress Me Shannon OF
It might not be perfect but for being my first try I'm quite happy with it.


There are quite a few things that I would do differently if I were to do another one. But it was a great learning experience and I enjoyed the process even though I hit a few snags here and there.


I also think that Chocolate looks very good in this set. The bride fit him even better than it fit Illusions Fade Away (Breyer Tr. Treasured Moves OF on the Lady Phase mold) who I fitted it to. But that didn't bother me at all as Chocolate is one of my absolute favourite stockhorses in my collection and I'd love to show him in performance.


I might bring this set to a liveshow in May. I'm not expecting it to do too well but it would be nice to get out and start showing some performance as well.


I also tried it on TO Rascal Knox (Breyer Tr. Zippo Pine Bar OF) and it looked okay on him as well, although I'm not too keen on the natural colour with his rather bright, orange-y chestnut colour. I think he'd do better in a darker colour.


Since I still have almost half a month left I'll see if I'd be able to finish my stablemate saddle and maybe a matching bridle for it as well 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment