Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Finished horses!

These models were too far along last year to make me count them towards my "paint at least 10 models" goal for 2017 but I have finished them none the less.

The first one is Black Glitter N. He has been in the works for far longer than I'd like to admit. During his first appearance as Black Glitter he had a star and some white on his legs but when I redid him I really liked the look of a sleek, all black horse so he ended up with no white at all.


I quite like how he turned out, with some subtle brown tones in his coat.


I tried a different technique for his eyes than I usually do. I combined coloured pencils with acrylics and even added in a bit of gold acrylics.


Now I can finally call him finished and be happy to say that he is standing in the shelf with my other Schleich models.

The second one I've finished is another black horse (I like to paint models in "colour batches" so that's why I finished several black models now). This is Highland Lass (Lubra) for my Silver Brumby project.


This girl looks more brown in pictures than she does in real life but I still think she came out good. The prep work on her is not well done at all but this model is supposed to represent a horse that has been living in the wild and she will remain in my collection and be used for photos only so it doesn't matter to me that she's not perfect.


I can't wait 'til I get more models for the Silver Brumby project finished so that I can start making up the scenes and take photos of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment