Friday, January 20, 2017

Oreo part 2 - Finished

This little girl has been in my mind since I left South Africa in July 2015. While doing volunteer work at a farm I fell in love with a young, lanky female dog. She was a crossbred believed to have some Weimaraner, Greyhound and maybe some Great Dane blood in her. She had the very cute, and fitting name, Oreo.



Since I couldn't bring her home with me I started to make plans of having a miniature version of her in my collection, so that I would always remember her. And here she is, my miniature version of Oreo.


I think I did quite well for my first, finished, dog portrait. She is super cute and even though the mini version is a bit bulkier than her real counterpart I think it suits her very well as this is what I think she'll look like when she's older (she was like 8-10 months old when I got to know her). 


I just love how her eyes turned out (even though the pictures doesn't show them too well). 


I'm really happy with how she turned out and it was actually quite fun to paint something other than horses, even though I enjoy that a lot :)

1 comment: