Friday, April 25, 2014

Packing up

During my short visit at home over the Easter holiday I packed a lot of model horses for an upcoming liveshow. The show is on the May 10 but since I have to return to my apartment and go to school until the 9th of May I thought it'd be a great idea to pack them when I had enough time.

The models are not the only thing I need to pack at the moment. Because when school ends in May I'll move out of my apartment and back home (for a few months before moving again since the university I attend is moving the Veterinary Technichans programme to the same city where they have the Veterinary programme).

That means that I need to pack up my entire apartment. Not that I was particularly happy with the move anyway (it's harder to find somewhere to live in the other town, although I've managed to find a studentroom, and it's now more than 400 miles away from home... compared to the almost 250 I have now...).

All my things are to be moved home on the 9th May and before then (except for the apartment packing and a projectpaper for school) I also need to have no less than 5(!) model horses finished for the show... Good luck with that... Especially since I wont be able to paint for a week when two of my classmates are staying with me before moving in with another classmate...

The horses I need to paint:

Wherever You Go needs an update with pastels. She's painted in acrylics right now but the paintjob is not very good so hopefully I can improve her a bit :)


This little guy is called Splinter In My Soul (after a song by a band I like). And he is to become a black overo with one, perhaps 2 blue eyes.

This is Lacoste and he is almost finished colourwise. He's got some problems on his flanks that I need to fix but besides that I only have some very slight shading to do on his legs and the details (hoofs, eyes etc.) left.
And my MHL Painting Contest Stablemates are still unpainted. But atleast they've got names now :)
The thoroughbred is called Midnight Queen and the Paso is called Adria.

So I have ALOT to do right now but I have some small blog posts finished to be posted during this time so that my readers wont notice my abscence too much :)

And of course I will give you a show report after the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment