Thursday, October 18, 2018

Unicorn Blind Bags

I've been a bit tempted by the Breyer blind bags since they released Django in them but not tempted enough to buy a box. That changed when it came to the Unicorn Blind bags.

I'm not really a fantasy collector but there were mini Alborozos in there! And mini Magnolias! Of course I was tempted and the thought of repainting a few unicorns in non-realistic colours actually tempted me quite a bit.

So I caved and bought a box:


I didn't open the entire box as I saved some bags as donations for the liveshow I am co-hosting in a few weeks. And my boyfriend wanted to open a few too (he actually kept 2 for future performance scenes!)

I tried to feel for an Alby but apparently I sucked at that! The first guy I opened was the light pink arabian. I am not a pink person but I really liked this light pink colour so he is staying.


I named him Rose Quartz
Next up I managed to pick up an adorable green drafter! Love the colour!

I named him Malachite.
I managed to pick up a few doubles and decided to sell some and keep some for repainting. But next non-double was the pink drafter.

I named him Garnet.
After a few bags I really, really tried to find an Alby and I was rewarded! It was an Alby, and not any Alby! It was the Dark Blue chase Alby! I can't believe my luck! I wanted an Alby, I didn't really think that I would have a chance at the chase!


I named him Lapis Lazuli.
The Magnolias was what I was looking for next, after the mini Alby and I was rewarded with a firey beauty.

I named her Fire Opal.
The other Walking Arabian in the set was a gorgeous silvery colour that I really liked.

I named him Pyrite.
I did get double orange Magnolias before I got this nice blue one.

I named her Sapphire.
And I also got the "regular" Alby that is a nice light purple colour.

I named him Ametist.
This blind bag thing was a lot more exciting then I thought it would be so if Breyer comes out with some other exciting blind bags I might be tempted to do this again!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for explaining what the fuss is all about. :) And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete