Tuesday, September 5, 2017

My Craft Day Stablemate

So I did promise I'd post some more pictures of my Craft Day Stablemate. So here they are. We knew what models we would get to paint a few days in advance so that we could have some time to think about our colour choices. I wanted to paint my American Saddlebred a nice red chestnut but it didn't go the way I planned.


I haven't painted a horse entirely in hand painted acrylics since about 2006-2008 I think and I never really got the hang of it so I struggled quite a bit trying to shade my model. I didn't manage to nail the colour I wanted so I decided to go with a more brownish chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail.


I can't say I feel like she's up to the standard of most of my later models but I still think she's pretty cute. And I actually like the shading on her mane and tail.


She might not see the inside of a showring but I might photoshow her sometime. She doesn't have a name yet but will probably be shown as an American Saddlebred.


This model is the 13th model I've managed to finish this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment