Sunday, September 3, 2017

Craft Day

First of all I just want to acknowledge the fact that this is my 300th blogpost! ๐Ÿ˜„That's quite a milestone for me and it was quite the surprise realizing I had written so many as I'm not the most frequent blogger. Anyway, back to the real reason for the post! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Yesterday a couple of fellow hobbyist hosted a craft day. Since both me and my boyfriend enjoy the crafty part of the hobby, we decided to go. We had a whole lot of fun sharing tips and tricks, chatting, painting and making props and scenes. The "plan" for the day was to paint a stablemate model and for all to have a chance at trying some diorama/scene/base making. 
We all managed to finish our stablemates and I really like how they all turned out! For a few it was their very first try at painting a model, some have done a few before and some have done a few more.

It wasn't the easiest task as we were hand painting with acrylics (which I for one, have never been good at) but I still think we did some cute horses. The painted horses was later ranked by all the entrants to crown the one we all liked best and honour it with a prize.

The horse in the middle and to the right are their owners first painted models.



The one on the right is my horse. I don't feel like she's up to my current painting standards but I still kind of like her. She's my first model fully painted in hand painted acrylics since somewhere around 2006-2008.

Another view
It was a tough competition and there were not too many points difference between the top three or between the fourth to seventh placings so I was very surprised when the votes were tallied and it turned out that my horse had gotten the most points! I will show you some more pictures of her at a later date.



All of us were not able to finish our scenes/dioramas/bases but some were.

My boyfriend wanted to make a key-hole jump but later realized he had forgotten some materials at home and unfortunately no one else had the materials he needed so he had to change his plan. Instead he made a base with a fence that is quite common in some parts of Sweden.


This setup was made by my boyfriend with the first horse he's ever painted. The background was borrowed from a fellow collector.
 I tried to make a stall scene/diorama but unfortunately my horses took longer time to paint than I had hoped so I had less time to fix my stable.

This is how far I managed on my scene/diorama on the craft day. I brought it home in order to finish it.

This was my inspiration, a scene owned and made by a fellow collector.
As I wasn't able to finish my scene/diorama I'll continue on with it at home and I'll share updates of it as it comes along ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the milestone. I really like your barn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has quite some way to go but I'm working on it :)

      Delete