Thursday, September 14, 2017

Finished portrait

I week or so ago I finally took the step and mixed up some pinkish colour so that I could paint the tongue and inside of the mouth on my Kandinsky Dino model.

That means that finally, my portrait of my dearly missed Hjalmar is finally finished! A picture of the real Hjalmar can be found on this page.

Since the model is in a running pose he'll need a base to stand correctly.


So far I've made a very simple base with only a piece of wood and some white apoxie (he is not permanently attached).


I will need to refine the base and make the "hill" under his right back foot a bit higher so that he'll get the right position. I then plan to cover the base with fake grass and the hills with small fake leaves so that it'll look like he runs through a pile of leaves and I'll also make him a ball of some sort (probably a deflated one as that's what he loved to run around with).


I'm quite happy with how he turned out and I think he makes a great representation of Hjalmar for my miniature herd.


The last picture shows how his pose will look when I've fixed the base to my liking.


Hopefully he'll show up in some model horse pictures some day 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment